lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
Offroadwerks
Not Yet Wild

Default Dead in the woods

I have owned a '07 Ezgo cart for about one year. I recently installed a 5" lift, 22" tires and a steep hill chip. Cart is used primarily by my kids and for getting to and from hunting stands which have some fairly steep climbs. Yesterday cart just stopped dead in its tracks. I can hear solenoid clicking when pedal is pushed. Not moving at all. Once I get it pulled back to shop I will check all connections. What would be my best options for upgrades? Not really concerned about top speeds. I need torque for climbing and low speed for creeping thru woods. Cart has been trouble free for a year.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Offroadwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Dead in the woods

If it has a stock solenoid, start testing there. I know it "clicks", but clicks doesn't automatically equal "works".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroadwerks View Post
I have owned a '07 Ezgo cart for about one year. I recently installed a 5" lift, 22" tires and a steep hill chip. Cart is used primarily by my kids and for getting to and from hunting stands which have some fairly steep climbs. Yesterday cart just stopped dead in its tracks. I can hear solenoid clicking when pedal is pushed. Not moving at all. Once I get it pulled back to shop I will check all connections. What would be my best options for upgrades? Not really concerned about top speeds. I need torque for climbing and low speed for creeping thru woods. Cart has been trouble free for a year.....

welcome to the forum!!

since you said you lifted it and larger tires.....we can assume nothing else was done to the drive system, is this correct? is your cars a SERIES drive or a SEPEX drive?? is the F&R handle below the seat by your right knee or is it a switch on the dash?

without a doubt you need to upgrade your drive system considering how you use your cart......however, I would have you check something else first to maybe get your cart back on the road. with someone helping you. turn the cart on, put it in either F or R.....while trying to move the cart, look at the drivers side drive nut (large castellated nut), does the nut spin? this is a common problem when to much load is put on the cart over a long period of time, the spines on the hub eventually or can strip if the torque on the nut wasn't up to snuff over the years that the cart was in service.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #4
Offroadwerks
Not Yet Wild

F&R is on the dash. I'm pretty sure the axle nut/splines are ok. Thanks

Old 12-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #5
Offroadwerks
Not Yet Wild

Default Dead in the woods

I have noticed since installing the steep hill chip that the controller gets hot. Although I never even paid attention to it before. I actually installed chip before putting on larger tires. It definitely made a world of difference in its climbing ability. After mounting larger tires it will not climb the hills that the stock tires did. I just alter my route thru woods to avoid the steeper hills.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #6
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

go look at cartsunlimited and read the upgrade section for your PDS cart...$$$ will fix most anything-a series cart is more durable for what you are doing-but your PDS can be built for a reliable woods torque beast...
by installing the bigger tires you killed the torque you had,putting a greater strain on your solenoid/controller-which is probably where the failure is at...
solenoid is the weakest link in your drive system-start there and i HIGHLY recommend carts unlimited for your info,parts and support...scottyB`s prices and quality cant be beat!!!
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The most popular upgrade for the PDS cart is the XCT48400 controller and HD 200 solenoid. This upgrade will increase torque by 30-35% over stock and increase speed by 5mph over the Freedom (high speed) chip to 23-24mph.
If kid restrictions are needed it can be used with the Mode Lock add-on.

Another popular boost is to add a 7th 6v battery under the driver's seat for 42v operation. This voltage boost adds an additional 17% power to the gains listed above.

Between the 2 mods the cart will have 50% more power than today.... and yes currently the big tires are overloading the stock controller and if it's not a dead controller it may be going into thermal cut out until it cools
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #8
Offroadwerks
Not Yet Wild

Thank you scottyb....... Will be giving you a call soon. [emoji106]

Old 03-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #9
Offroadwerks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Thank you scottyb....... Will be giving you a call soon. [emoji106]

Update..... I replaced controller with the XCT and 200a solenoid......everything powers up, 4 green light flashes and a solid green. Push throttle and solenoid clicks but no power to wheel motor. What or where do I need to check?? Thanks

Old 03-26-2018, 05:14 PM   #10
Offroadwerks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Update..... I replaced controller with the XCT and 200a solenoid......everything powers up, 4 green light flashes and a solid green. Push throttle and solenoid clicks but no power to wheel motor. What or where do I need to check?? Thanks

I have voltage going to A2 terminal at motor. Also makes voltage at A1 terminal when throttle is applied. One concern I have is I’m getting voltage across both sides of solenoid even when no throttle is applied. ?? Any help appreciated. Is my motor bad??

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO