lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2018, 05:37 PM   #11
420ma
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v vs. 48v

Thanks all for the help. Looks like there's a 36 to 48v conversion in my future. One more thing though, I need a new charger then, any thoughts on an on board charger?
420ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2018, 05:41 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420ma View Post
Thanks all for the help. Looks like there's a 36 to 48v conversion in my future. One more thing though, I need a new charger then, any thoughts on an on board charger?
I hear the Yewy Smart charger works well as an On-Board charger.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/yewy-1...t-charger.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:51 AM   #13
420ma
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I've been reading through the forums and am getting lost. For my cart to maintain speed uphill do I need a stronger controller or stronger batteries. I'm fine with the flat ground speed at 36v. I just want to maintain that uphill as best I can.
420ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sepex carts respond to a controller upgrade with more torque and speed including the ability to hold speed on incline better. This is true whether 36v or 48v. Aftermarket controllers don't have the restrictions of stock (factory) controllers and sepex carts are starting with more HP in the stock factory motors. More science after that. (field mapping and such)

Series carts aren't like this. To get more speed and better performance on inclines you need to up the voltage and really, to equal sepex performance probably a motor also. But 48v first and motor later if needed. The biggest changed I notice after 48v conversion was the ability to hold speed better on inclines.

You have to change the controller anyway to accept 48v. Put it in and see where you are at 36v. I predict you will be disappointed but the controller will be ready for 48v.

All Marathons left the factory as 36v series carts.

When you read all these posts in a short period of time it is easy to get confused. I've been reading them since ~ 2008 and I still learn something here every day. There are a lot of threads here especially in the EZGO and Club Car sections where people slap and Alltrax controller in their cart and jump in speed 3-5 mph with much better acceleration and speed on inclines. These are all sepex carts.

Note: EZGO stopped production of series carts roughly in 2008 and possibly a few in 2009. Club Car is similar and I don't think Club Car has produced a 36v cart this century.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO