lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2019, 09:47 PM   #1
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question 03 Club Car gas

I assume from the SN it's a 03 AG0304-248978 and this is the correct wiring harness for it.
It's not charging the battery so I think it's the voltage reguator.
Which one is more problems the generator are regulator?

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2019, 12:11 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 03 Club Car gas

Connect a Voltmeter to the battery terminals with alligator leads. Start the engine and rev it up and watch the voltage. If it does not go above battery voltage, use a jumper wire or pliers to ground the DF terminal (where the yellow wire is) of the starter generator to the case or chassis ground. Rev the engine up and see if the voltage goes up. It will be unregulated so it can get up to around 18v if you’re not careful. All you need to see is if it gets voltage up to around 15 or so and still climbing.
If voltage goes up with the jumper, the voltage regulator is bad or has a poor connection.
If voltage does not go up with the jumper the starter gen needs new brushes. Recheck the voltage test after repair to make sure the regulator is working.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:06 AM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 03 Club Car gas

Thanks,
So I can leave everything hooked up while I test it? Just put my positive lead of meter on the yellow wire connection on the starter and black on battery negative?

I will check it out today. I'm more of a electrical cart but a friend wanted me to take a look. I checked it yesterday while riding it and no charging at all. While driving it was 11.7 volts. No higher I'll do the testing today if it stops raining.
I may jack it up and do it.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Voltmeter leads stay on the battery terminals.
Use a separate wire jumper to ground the yellow wire terminal to the case or chassis ground.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:46 AM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 03 Club Car gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Voltmeter leads stay on the battery terminals.
Use a separate wire jumper to ground the yellow wire terminal to the case or chassis ground.
OK thanks.

Just tested it. got 16 volts with it grounded so I guess the voltage regulator is bad. Are the ground isn't ground. I clean it up and check it first.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:09 AM   #6
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Save
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car