lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2019, 05:22 PM   #1
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 gas club car ds

Hello I have a 98 gas club car ds that I have replaced the starter/generator, key switch, solenoid, new battery and ignition coil and spark plug. I recently got it to run before switching out the ignition coil but it would run for a few then die out so I researched and seen where I may need a new ignition coil. After changing coil out I can’t get it to start now. Any suggestions on what I’m missing or did wrong?? When pressing on the gas there is noise coming from the solenoid the the more isn’t turning over ... I’m stuck at this point .
Bontaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 98 gas club car ds

OK, lets start from the beginning. What was the original problem? After changing out all those parts (including most recently the ignition coil) now it doesn't crank over on the starter? The noise from the solenoid: is that just the normal click, or a buzz, or something else?
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:19 PM   #3
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

Originally it wouldn’t crank at all so I replace the key switch starter spark plug and fixed some broken wires. Once I did all of that it would start but only stay running for a short time maybe like 10 to 20 seconds then die out. I did a little research and a lot of the research said change the ignition coil. So I changed the coil and after that I got no crank over the starter. I only got a half turn once and then nothing but the sound from the solenoid which I replaced twice because I thought it was a fail solenoid but both make the same sound.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the solenoid noise is a kind of rattley buzz, it would indicate low voltage: low battery or poor connection somewhere. If it's a solid Click the next step would be to see if battery voltage is making it to the big white wire side of the solenoid
Old 04-06-2019, 05:35 PM   #5
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

Update the battery was dead. I charged it and. It turn over but just won’t start up
Old 04-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK that's some progress anyway. Do you have a spark tester? Or - just pull the spark plug and use it to test for spark. I know you've replaced a lot of parts, but we need to test how things are NOW to narrow down the possibilities.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #7
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

Did the in line ignition spark plug test and got the flashing light with no start wining from the instructions indicate a faulty fuel system. Does anyone have the a manual or some sort of picture of fuel system on a 98 club car?
Old 04-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #8
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

I’ve located the problem I didn’t take a picture of the fuel system before I took it all apart so I did not put it back together the right way
Old 04-07-2019, 07:24 PM   #9
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

I finally connected all of the hoses to the correct spot and still no start. 😫😖
Old 04-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Are you now getting fuel to the carb? Might take a while to get it "primed" and pumping.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car