lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #1
firemanrick
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear transaxle mount too short after HD leaf spring upgrade

First post here so bare with me. I replaced the single spring leafs on my 92 club car DS with 3 leaf HD springs today. Aside from some frozen bolts, the job went well. Until I tried to re-attach the rear transaxle mount. its about a 1/4 inch too short now, im assuming due to the increased thickness of the springs. what do I do? The part I'm referring to is number 18 on the picture i posted, in the right bottom circle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 92enginepan.jpg (121.6 KB, 0 views)
firemanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Rear transaxle mount too short after HD leaf spring upgrade

I had that issue as well. I made a new one from a short piece of 1/8” x 3/4” steel plate that I twsited in the vice. Drilled holes to line up with the ones in the trans and the crossmember and put new bolts through.
You could probably also use a short peice of 1/2” angle steel but you may need to drill a new hole in the crossmember of the cradle.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #3
firemanrick
Not Yet Wild

I actually thought about buying some aluminum flat stock and and fabricating a bracket between the the transmission strap and the frame rail. Just bolt it all together. I’m really surprised there wasn’t any information stating that would be an issue that needed correcting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
firemanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:35 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I would imagine most people probably just pitch the thing.
I had a bad issue with belt chatter on take-off after putting HD springs on one of mine and left that little mount off. After making the new “dog bone” and bolting it back on it stopped the chatter issue.
Could have been a few factors that made it worse than it should have been, but that mount made a big difference in my case.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car