lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
blacktrain
Not Yet Wild

Default fuel blowing out carburetor

Have a Club Car that is blowing fuel out the intake of the carb. instead of sucking fuel in. The valves are not sticking and the valve clearance is .004 for both valves. Would a blown head gasket cause this condition? I appreciate your help. Thanks...
blacktrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: fuel blowing out carburetor

That usually means it’s flooded, the float in the carb stuck open and it has filled the engine with fuel. Check the oil, it’s probably got a bunch of fuel in it.
Check in the air intake tube and the filter box as well. Those can fill with fuel too.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #3
blacktrain
Not Yet Wild

there is no fuel in the oil, I have removed the fuel line to the carb. and if you hold your hand over the carb. intake you should feel it suck your hand in but instead it blows outward against your hand. as always i appreciate your help...
Old 07-10-2019, 10:53 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Ok, what year is it, and what motor does it have?
Old 07-11-2019, 07:18 AM   #5
blacktrain
Not Yet Wild

year is 1992, engine is a Kawasaki 286 cc FE290 9 horsepower.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Was this motor previously running or recently rebuilt? Do you have any history?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #7
blacktrain
Not Yet Wild

We have been using the cart daily. I just replaced the starter/generator and voltage regular. when I went to test voltage to make sure everything was working, the cart would not run, so that is when I discovered it wasn't getting fuel because the fuel is being blowin' out of the carb. Prior to installing the new parts the cart ran perfectly. I have double and triple checked to make sure the starter/generator is hooked up correctly. I greatly appreciate your help, Thanks...
Old 07-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrain View Post
We have been using the cart daily. I just replaced the starter/generator and voltage regular. when I went to test voltage to make sure everything was working, the cart would not run, so that is when I discovered it wasn't getting fuel because the fuel is being blowin' out of the carb. Prior to installing the new parts the cart ran perfectly. I have double and triple checked to make sure the starter/generator is hooked up correctly. I greatly appreciate your help, Thanks...
Which way is the SG spinning the engine?
If that's the original engine it should be spinning counter clockwise, looking at the clutch.
If it's spinning the wrong way it's sucking air in the exhaust and spitting it out the intake.

Where did you get the new SG? There are some very problematic aftermarket starters on the market that will leave you SOL.
Typically an original Club car SG can be rebuilt and keep running just fine for many years.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Which way is the SG spinning the engine?
If that's the original engine it should be spinning counter clockwise, looking at the clutch.
If it's spinning the wrong way it's sucking air in the exhaust and spitting it out the intake.

Where did you get the new SG? There are some very problematic aftermarket starters on the market that will leave you SOL.
Typically an original Club car SG can be rebuilt and keep running just fine for many years.
What was wrong with the original starter/generator? I'd try and put that back on and see if it runs again. Replace the brushes in it if it needs them, if you got an aftermarket starter/generator you'll probably be replacing it again in about a month anyway...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #10
blacktrain
Not Yet Wild

I just checked it and it is spinning in the correct direction, I purchased the SG from Buggies Unlimited.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car