lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2019, 07:50 PM   #1
BuddyGo
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Removing the driven clutch

I have been trying to remove the driven clutch on a 95 gas cart for several days . I tried all the different methods listed here and there with no luck getting it off.
While looking at the clutch hub after removing the inner fender well I noticed the hub of the clutch is somewhat larger than it appears. You can pick off a thin layer of aluminum around the hub and you have enough of the steel hub to drill and thread two 1/4 - 20 holes 180 degrees apart. (See Picture)
You can then pull the clutch with a auto harmonic balance puller. Of course I had been soaking it with Kriol penetrating oil for several days.
Hope this helps someone having problems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190731_112836333[1].jpg (156.0 KB, 0 views)
BuddyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Removing the driven clutch

Good tip!

I've had a few that were kinda sticky and needed some persuasion from a mallet, but never one that was totally stuck. But it would be very easy for one to be rust seized to the shaft and not able to be removed without a puller.
Paint some anti-seize all over the shaft and the key before re-install and you wont have any issue if it needs to be removed again.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car