lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #11
81 First
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 97 gas club car won't start

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Well you will not believe this after putting my old coil back it fired right up ( ok what did I do wrong ) put new coil bach in being careful ( I am getting smart ) just put it together enough to test new coil no go !!!!!!!!!

Buggies is sending a new one this one to be a factory one said they are having a few that are reading good but are not.

I find there tech... staff to be pretty *** sharp
will keep you posted !!
81 First is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2019, 07:26 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Dont buy a coil from buggies unlimited. They're aftermarket junk. Send it back for a refund.

Anything not a genuine club car / Kawasaki coil is junk. You might get lucky and get a month, few months out of it but it is going to fail and you'll have to swap it again. Our site sponsor david hicks of revolution golf cars sells only OEM parts, if you need a coil get it from him.

But if its running on the old.coil, leave well enough alone. I'd think the wiring is your issue, not the coil itself if its working now...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:34 PM   #13
81 First
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Quote:
Dont buy a coil from buggies unlimited. They're aftermarket junk. Send it back for a refund.

Anything not a genuine club car / Kawasaki coil is junk. You might get lucky and get a month, few months out of it but it is going to fail and you'll have to swap it again. Our site sponsor david hicks of revolution golf cars sells only OEM parts, if you need a coil get it from him.

But if its running on the old.coil, leave well enough alone. I'd think the wiring is your issue, not the coil itself if its working now...
Buggies did send me an upgraded one A Kawasaki coil supposed to make up for the bad one
Put everything back together today and it definitely runs better The old coil was giving a white to orange spark thats why I wanted to replace it.
Thank you CP241 for your help I think I could walk someone through replacing one now myself
thanks to this forum
81 First is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
changing ignition coil
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car