lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2020, 04:31 AM   #11
b_zazzi
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New solenoid - no click, new batteries, new tow/run switch

Been looking at parts and more details on possible throttle problem and started running into terminology issues:
Is the throttle pot (potentiometer), the thing that is behind the box by gas pedal, the same as the speed sensor? When I searched for replacement parts for speed sensor, one site showed the pot, while another showed something entirely different. If they are not the same, where is the speed sensor? Still trying to figure out if my problem is related to throttle or rather controller. Major rats argh.
b_zazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2020, 08:47 AM   #12
biphase
Gone Wild

The throttle sensor is a potentiometer located near the "gas pedal". It connects to pins 7, 8 and 9 on the controller.

Pin 7: varies from 0.5 to 3.5 volts as the pedal is depressed.
Pin 8: is GND (0 volts)
Pin 9: is excitation voltage out from controller to throttle (4 volts)

The speed sensor is an RPM sensor located on the back side of the motor. It connects to pins 14, 15 and 16 on the controller.

Pin 14: speed (rpm) signal from motor (0 to 5v pulses as motor rotates)
Pin 15: 12v excitation voltage from controller to speed sensor.
Pin 16: is GND (0v).

NOTE: Pins 9 and 15 are outputs from the controller and they should be present whenever the controller is energized with 48 volts on pins 1 and 2.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #13
b_zazzi
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Oh, thank you, thank you! I did more checking after getting your awesome explanation- it helped me tremendously. Tore the throttle assembly apart, and final got the pot off. Measured pot - getting about 10000 ohms max and 1500 min, and it appears to go “smoothly” with position change. So, I am assuming this part is okay. Now, I am off to getting a new controller. Wish me luck. Trying to get this beast come back to life.
BTW - If anyone knows the actual specs for the pot (I am seeing different values) and mine are out, could you please let me know.

Last edited by b_zazzi; 02-15-2020 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: Added throttle pot result
Old 02-16-2020, 12:19 PM   #14
b_zazzi
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Just realized I can post links now - here is link of check list I referenced on previous page/post. Together with biphase‘s pin explanation, I thought it would be useful in diagnosing switch and other electrical issues on G22:

http://http://fsip.biz/Documents/Yamaha%20G22%20with%20GE%20262Y1%20Control.pdf

I am trying to add images of those 4 pages from link as attachment as well

Last edited by b_zazzi; 02-16-2020 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Add images

Tags
new solenoid no click
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha