lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2020, 07:50 AM   #1
Jay Miller
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default F/R issues shifting while running

07 Gas Club Car XRT. I have an issue that causes me to have to turn cart off to switch from forward to reverse. It will grind when running if I try to change gears. It's not all the time, but it happens more than I like. Is there an adjustment I can make somewhere? Idle is pretty low. I always wait a second to allow the motor to slow down before I switch gears. (Cart always runs, not just when peddle is pushed, like a regular car)
*when cart is off, switching between gears feels really smooth
Jay Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: F/R issues shifting while running

Drive belt too tight? Maybe it’s idling too fast?... idle it back as much as you can get away with and make sure you’re not rolling while shifting

DISCLAIMER: I’ve never even seen an 07 club car
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:06 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: F/R issues shifting while running

Drive clutch should have what Club Car refers to as an "idler bearing" on the shaft, between the sheaves. The engine should idle low enough to NOT close the pulley on the drive belt, allowing the engine to spin, slip the belt on that bearing, and NOT spin the belt along with the engine. If the pully sheaves are closing on and pulling the belt at idle, the idle is too high or that idler bearing is bad. If the drive belt is turning it's turning the transmission.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car