lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #1
tmaster2166
Not Yet Wild

Default precedent over revving

I am working on a 2014 CC precedent with the FE350 I have younger kids driving it and I am unable to get the cart to quit over revving it wants to go 20 MPH no matter where I put the throttle adjustment nuts. If I back it way off it just starts way late and as you hold the foot feet down it just keeps climbing same if I go the other way. I have adjusted the governor on top of the transaxle to factory and inspected all of the linkage but I dont see any issues. Has someone had this happen to them before? I read that the rev limiter is in the coil on these newer carts could this be the issue? Thanks for any help.
tmaster2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: precedent over revving

Either the throttle linkage is adjusted way too tight under the floor, or someone has zip tied the throttle cable spring at the governor arm. Or the Governor cable might be stuck and is keeping the carb wide open all the time. Make sure the governor cable (from governor arm to carb) moves VERY Freely. If there is any resistance or it sticks at all,it needs to be replaced.
Also check at the carb for the return spring on the throttle lever. If that's gone the throttle will not close.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:33 PM   #3
tmaster2166
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply but I have checked both the throttle cable and the governor cable , both are free and I have adjusted the cable under the floor mat both in and out and it makes no difference other than the response time of the foot pedal if I adjust it with more slack it takes longer to rev up but continues to rev clear up and if I go the opposite way it it fires sooner and still goes to the high level of RPMs. I did also check the return spring and it is there and appears to be working properly. That is why I am stumped I didnt know if the coil that supposedly works as the old Rev Limiter would give this cart the issue of over revving?
tmaster2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

No, the coil has no affect on that.

There may be a leak between the carb and the cylinder head. Are the nuts that hold the carb on tight? You might want to remove the carb and the phenolic spacer and make sure the gaskets are not damaged. Also make sure the spacer is not cracked.
Another option is the governor arm has been mis-adjusted or is not being pushed against by the governor inside the trans. It is not common for the governor to fail internally, but it can happen on occasion.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car