lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
crscubed
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Club Car 48v won't charge

I have a 2000 club car that I have just replaced the batteries in the last 6 months. I used the cart for a couple of rounds and then I noticed the charger would not go past zero when the charger clicked on. On battery #1 I replaced it because the reading was at 4.0 Now the battery reads 8.1 while the others read 7.7. The charger still clicks on, hums, and acts as if charging, but nothing. I have checked all the fuses and even replaced the breaker on the front of the charger. When I take the charger connector out the cart reads 45.5 volts. I even used a friends charger and it did the same exact thing (this was before I replaced the #1 battery). I also thought it might be the OBC, but I tried to bypass it and had no results. Maybe I did not do it right. Does anyone have any ideas?
crscubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 2000 Club Car 48v won't charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by crscubed View Post
I have a 2000 club car that I have just replaced the batteries in the last 6 months. I used the cart for a couple of rounds and then I noticed the charger would not go past zero when the charger clicked on. On battery #1 I replaced it because the reading was at 4.0 Now the battery reads 8.1 while the others read 7.7. The charger still clicks on, hums, and acts as if charging, but nothing. I have checked all the fuses and even replaced the breaker on the front of the charger. When I take the charger connector out the cart reads 45.5 volts. I even used a friends charger and it did the same exact thing (this was before I replaced the #1 battery). I also thought it might be the OBC, but I tried to bypass it and had no results. Maybe I did not do it right. Does anyone have any ideas?
Sounds like the OBC.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:55 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 Club Car 48v won't charge

OBC bypass & Test =
The black wire coming out of charge recepticle has a yellow fuse holder, open it up and connect a jumper from the end coming out of recepticle to the negative on Battery 6 or the last one in series. Plug in the charger if it comes on your OBC is most likely TOAST.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
crscubed
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the help! I was wondering though, I have a gray wire not a black wire with the fuse. And you said if it comes on then the obc is bad. What if the charger comes on now anyway it just doesn't show that it is charging. Sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to figure this out.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So you're saying the charger comes "on", but there is no output voltage?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
crscubed
Not Yet Wild

When I plug it in, the charger clicks, hums as if it is charging, but the amps on the front reads zero. When I plug it in it goes below zero then just sits on zero. It will hum until I unplug it. While charging the first battery reads 56 volts (I think that is right) at battery #1 then each reads down from there. But once I take the charger off, i check the plug recepticle and it says 45.5 volts. So it sounds like the cart is charging and the obc is telling it to, but for some reason the cart is not taking the charge. Am I right or am I missing something?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the charger is working if you're reading 56 volts? Maybe just a bad meter?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #8
crscubed
Not Yet Wild

but it still seems that the batteries aren't getting charged. I left it on yesterday from about 10-5 and still the recepticle read 45.5. the batteries were at 7.7 with the exception being the new #1 battery at 8.1. I am afraid of ruining the batteries if I keep on. Maybe I am overreacting and the cart will eventually charge???
Old 08-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
crscubed
Not Yet Wild

Why would the cart not being charging? Any suggestions?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts