lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Two EZ Go's having problems

You're welcome,just post and let us know what the compression #'s are after you get the valves adjusted.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
Shrekster
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok...I worked on both Ezs today and the workhorse I got the compress around 150 and I replaced the ignition coil. But it still won't go, it doesn't seem like it is getting a spark. I checked power going into (red wire) ignition coil and about the same is coming out (white wire). So not sure what to try next on that one.

Then the GXT I checked the compress on it and one side is reading around 150 and the other is reading nothing...

Thanks
Shrekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

There are still too many possibilities... On the workhorse.... I know you said it didnt seem like it was getting any spark? Be sure and either check spark with a spark tester or snap the plug wire on the plug and ground the electrode. This will tell you if you are sparking. If you have a spark, move on to poss. carb. problems ( fuel,air etc.). Having comp. that good is a step in the right direction. With comp. that good you should have it in no time.

On the 804 I would check valve adjust.... The 0 reading doesnt sound good but it could be a simple fix or it could mean a real prob. Get in there and take a look and get back to us...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #14
Shrekster
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

On the workhorse I have put a plug into the wire and touched it up against the frame and nothing happened...

And on the 804 I adjusted it to see if it would change comp but it didn't do a thing different...It will be monday before I get a chance to mess with them again. So I will have more info
Old 04-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #15
ruredy
Born Wild

i'd try the igniter from the 804 on the workhorse, the 804 may have a broke rod, you can remove the plug and see if the piston will move.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #16
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

im with ruredy on the workhorse. First I would make sure both wires are not sparking. Also make sure your wires are snug in the coil. The igniter is a definite possibility but I wouldn't rule out the coil or pulsar being the problem. Some R and R will narrow it down. I've had trouble with both the igniter and the coil before.

On the 804 I would do what ruredy said. Most of the time a broken connecting rod would be making some noticeable noise as the engine moves but it is poss.. If the piston is moving I would back the valve adjusters off and put air to the cylinder and see where the comp. is going. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #17
Shrekster
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok...I checked out the problem with the 804 and discovered that the piston wasn't moving in the one cylinder. I drained the oil and found most of it in pieces. I have attempted to take apart the motor to get to the piston but have been successful yet. I would like to find an engine break down manual or something.

The workhorse is still doing the same thing. I checked the power to and from ign coil and a couple other places and it seems to be reading what the battery is putting off.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #18
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Sub forum ez gas tech Just below the EZ GO gas header on the home page. Its a completer disassembly. Remove the motor, the head, the clutch, the timing cover, the timing belt, the timing gears, the side case cover, the caps and then the pistons. I believe thats it!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO