lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default rear end noise

I have a EH 350 11HP, I aquired from a dealer that supposedly checked over this casrt befire sold , it has run great since I have owned it and I have put about15 miles on it, I was rideing in the back bed and could hear some noise, sounded like maybe bearings or rear end noise, I suppose they have regular wheel bbearings, this is first crt for me and just learning, any tricks to get to bearings, I have replaced ones on boat trailers is it anything like that.
410MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: rear end noise

Not like that at all. Call the dealer and ask him to fix it. 15 miles is nothing, that is the seller's problem in my opinion. Didn't you get a 30 day warranty?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

I agree with scotty, might be a belt problem though, they'll act/sound like that too. just for sh!ts&giggles turn the belt around and see if it quits.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

this was a used unit 04 I think, I use it around lake and not put many miles on it, have owned it 18 months, there was not a written warrenty,
Are ya serious about the belt, cause I would not have any idea about it make noise, I just did not want to look like a COMPLETE IDIOT to my neighbors at the lake, but they already think i am. Will be back to lake next weekend and try it.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410MAN View Post
Are ya serious about the belt, cause I would not have any idea about it make noise, I just did not want to look like a COMPLETE IDIOT to my neighbors at the lake, but they already think i am. Will be back to lake next weekend and try it.
yea, i'm serious about the belt, I usually have extras and swap them around but sometimes they'll start sounding just like a bearing going bad. Flipping it around may help cause each of the sides wear different and it'll change the locataionn where the belt rides on the sheave. even a small change is sometimes enough to interrupt the harmonic distortion sometimes caused by the belt/clutch
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I gonna try it, I was not questioning(sp) your mechanical abilities I was questioning mine, Thank U for the info.

Tags
starter problems
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO