lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Oil sending unit wire

I find what appears to be an oil pressure sensor that has a wiring coming off it out from the fan cowl but goes no where. Just comes to a terminal end and is not plugged into anything, just dangling there. Did it get pulled off? I can't find another wire that it should be connected to. Did a 2003 have a low oil shutdown? If that is an "electrical sending unit" can I install an electrical oil pressure gauge using the factory sending unit. Kind of at a loss on this situation. Appreciate any help and ideas on an oil pressure gauge install. Thanks.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oil sending unit wire

Yes it's a pressure unit. It's like that from the factory. I'm not sure about a gauge to monitor pressure, but I believe it was made to trigger a red indicator light under low pressure conditions.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas001 View Post
I find what appears to be an oil pressure sensor that has a wiring coming off it out from the fan cowl but goes no where. Just comes to a terminal end and is not plugged into anything, just dangling there. Did it get pulled off? I can't find another wire that it should be connected to. Did a 2003 have a low oil shutdown? If that is an "electrical sending unit" can I install an electrical oil pressure gauge using the factory sending unit. Kind of at a loss on this situation. Appreciate any help and ideas on an oil pressure gauge install. Thanks.
Found the same thing on my Sport II minus the wiring. Kinda thought that's what it was. Low oil pressure = bad thing! I guess one has to buy the factory harness to make it work?
tazassape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
redog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just posted about this.... there`s a white wire hanging down on my 95 ezgo... looking for specs to see where it goes...
redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

ez go go is correct, the red low oil pressure light is an option along with the fuel gauge and fuel sender and hour meter. You could use it with a 12 vdc light. connect the white wire from engine oil switch to the ground(-) side of lamp and the positve side of lamp to the solenoid positve side. There is a wiring diagram in the service manual for the electrical options.
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO