lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Engine not getting power to turn over

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus513 View Post
Check for oil around clutch. Air leaks are a bad M.F.er on these 2 strokes as I found out the hard way. Does it idol but not seem like it has the power to start? Spray some wd40 behind the clutch with it running/idling and see if it starts to kick over...
Need to get it to turn over with the foot pedal before we move on to any compression issues.

qoute:
2) I checked pos battery to solenoid wires. - I have 12.75 v to black / grnd wire on both solenoid.

so what is my next move?

So you have 12V at one of the wires when you push the pedal and no volts when you let off?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #12
Stuntdouble
Not Yet Wild

The cart will not run. I have checked fuses and wires. The cart engine will turn over if I jumper from battery to solenoids but I get nothing when I turn the key. no clicks just pure silence. Is my key switch bad? or is my start stop switch bad.

SOS
Stuntdouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Get a cheap DMM and test the small wires on the solenoid, one should go hot with the pedal. If not check the pedal switch see if it gets hot with key.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #14
Stuntdouble
Not Yet Wild

Yes I have 12 volts from positive at the battery to Neg on the blk solenoid wires. I am going to jumper out the key switch by following the wire diagram. I feel that is where the problem is at. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your help
Old 02-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Most of them the power goes to key/pedal then to solenoids and ignition. Most of the wiring are posted here in stickies. If you have no power back there its key or pedal not working. Pedal you can short but it will not shut off only with key, if key is working of course.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #16
Stuntdouble
Not Yet Wild

Finally,

I Have power to the motor now!

It was a bad ground wire from the battery to the solenoids.

Thanks for the help on the eletrical.

It's now on to the engine rebuild. I pulled the piston. It had a cracked ring. When I bought it the old owner said it lost compression. That was why they quit using it. So I think a new piston and ring set should get this old iron pig back on the road.

Question? Should I go larger piston .25 , .5, or .75 for more hp, and is it harder on the engine by doing so?
Old 03-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Going to overbore is not going to make much difference itself, what does make a big difference is the piston to cylinder seal on a 2 stroke. That is why you bore it to get rid of blowby and loss of compression. Since only the top half of the stroke is compression it is more important than a 4 stroke IMO. Add to that its cheap to do with a G1 you might as well. It will run like new far as compression/etc. If you knew the cylinder had no wear then I'd tell you not to bother.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 AM   #18
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Unlike other golf carts where the solenoid (small wire) is simply connected to a body ground, the Yamaha G1's solenoid ground side should be connected to the battery negative.
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #19
Stuntdouble
Not Yet Wild

Sho 305
The cylinder wall mic'ed at 2.683. I bought a .25mm over sized piston. I will hone out to the correct size (2.687).
QUestion? I have a little end play onthe connecting rod? I dont really want to tear it all the way down. what are your thoughts?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I never bored one myself, but I have them bored to get the cylinder round....make sure it is round a hone will not fix that.

I don't know the specs for the crank, but it is a roller bearing iirc and they do move more. The rod should not have slop up/down of course. Maybe someone else here can give you more detail its been a while since I had a 2 stroke on the bench.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha