lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
hello
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Plowman's Carts

Hi met don about 2 months ago he knows his stuff if u need anything give him a call if u need a cart built he his your man plowmans builds them better then new.
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
Bellanca_Pilot
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellanca_Pilot View Post
I have to say I did not get the same experience this morning. I called and a woman answered the phone with "Hello". Then, what do I need? WOW! I asked to speak with someone about some technical issues and she would not do it. Just told me that I needed the hot setup. I don't want that. I just want to know about my primary clutch. I guess i will call back in a few hours and see if someone else will answer the phone.

Dewey
My clutch will arrive there tomorrow and I am getting his performance kit! Great guy once you get to talk to him.
Bellanca_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
welcome2shane
Not Yet Wild

Nothing better than forums like this one with users willing to educate newbs like myself. I'm not a mechanic, but have worked on just about everything that was salvageable. I don't get why people trash so much cool stuff without trying to turn a wrench. I guess if I had unlimited funds - I would just keep buying everything new - Nope, never gonna happen. That would just give me more loot to make it bigger, better and cooler than the Jones'.
welcome2shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #14
sontag1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I called Plowmans a couple of days ago. Talked to the woman who answers the phone. She assured me that someone would call me back that day. Well, it was the next day, but Don did call me. He was not able to help me with my problem, but he was very professional and he did call me back. Like all small business owners I am sure he is pulled in 1000 different directions each day.
sontag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #15
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Don took care of me when I needed a secondary clutch rebuild and a new belt. I also ended up getting the carb jet kit. Don even called me back a couple of days after my order arrived to follow up with me to see if I got everything and if I had any trouble or any more questions. Super guy to deal with....
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #16
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I also bought the performance kit for my G1, very happy with it. Worked just as Don said. About a year later, I'm into a sled engine conversion with it, called Don to ask his "advice". He was glad to talk about it, and he told me that he tried the same project.....more than once! LOL! He said it would be loud, and faster than stock. Well, he was right. It's loud alright!

Anyway, he's a stand up guy, knows carts and engines etc. He'll ask you "What's your goal with the cart?" then he'll happily tell you what you need to accomplish that goal. And he might even sell it to you!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #17
Bellanca_Pilot
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Got the clutch back and I have to say I am very impressed. The air box mod and jets really make a difference. It is everything he told me it would be. 2 thumbs up.

Dewey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Bellanca_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:23 PM   #18
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just thought I'd add a recent story about the great work Plowman's does. We have an exceptionally steep hill in our campground and most everyone's cart gets drug down to a crawl if climbing with 4 adults. Don rebuilt my primary clutch, got me setup with his performer kit, rebuilt and jetted my carb and drilled out my airbox. He even walked me through adjustments for everything over the phone. The cart is incredible and can climb the same hill bogged down without struggling a bit, all while picking up a few mph of top speed. With the clutch pullers and everything I spent $600 and got an incredibly powerful cart. If you have a Yamaha gas cart and need to tow or climb I can't imagine a better way to spend the cash!
jstanfi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #19
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanfi1 View Post
I just thought I'd add a recent story about the great work Plowman's does. We have an exceptionally steep hill in our campground and most everyone's cart gets drug down to a crawl if climbing with 4 adults. Don rebuilt my primary clutch, got me setup with his performer kit, rebuilt and jetted my carb and drilled out my airbox. He even walked me through adjustments for everything over the phone. The cart is incredible and can climb the same hill bogged down without struggling a bit, all while picking up a few mph of top speed. With the clutch pullers and everything I spent $600 and got an incredibly powerful cart. If you have a Yamaha gas cart and need to tow or climb I can't imagine a better way to spend the cash!
Welcome to the club of happy Plowman's customers. Don is the real deal. Never ran across this level of customer service in any of my business dealings. Don took care of both of my clutches this spring, and my cart has great hill climbing power as a result. I have a G29 "Drive", which is notorious for bad clutches from the factory. But now they downshift smoothly with no jerkiness, and smooth response. Don's work is worth every penny.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #20
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Don is a tough guy to get ahold of, but well worth it once you do. Don helped me with my install even during his off time. I wouldn't have tried this on a bone stock engine, but I pull stuff like this all the time with my cart and use the cart more like a tractor than anything.

MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha