lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1989 ez go help

Well got her to crank after spraying things down with contact cleaner. Hooked the fuel tank back up and cranked and got it to start for a second. I think I need to work on the fuel pump I'm not getting a good stream of fuel. Any ideas?
cincinnati_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #12
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

if you pull the line from the pump to the carb at the carb are not getting a good stream, you know you have a problem. check or replace the filter and check all the lines. if your getting some fuel then your in tank pick up is proably o.k., but you can pull it to be sure. next is the pump. pull it and note the inlet and outlet markings and take apart and check for dirt and cracks. if this doesn't work, you will need a new pump. not too bad at about $33.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #13
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

I pulled the tank on it awhile back and had the cart on its side to change out brake cables and I think all the fuel ran out of the lines. When I pulled the supply line from the carb I got nothing but then I pulled the tank and put it on top of the motor making it the highest point in the system and I got a trickle which leads me to believe its the pump.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

That makes sense, although keep in mind that these fuel pumps aren't self-priming and are VERY finicky as to fuel delivery leaks ... check that the intake tube is firmly seated in the elbow on top of the tank (these are just a pressfit so they like to leak air here which will affect your pumping) - also, try dropping your tank back in place and using a rag to keep gas off your mouth, blow into the gas tank to force fuel up the lines intot he pump to prime it - it DOES sound like your pump may be bad, but these quick checks are free and might (*might*) just save you $33
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Blow in the fill hole?
Old 08-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #16
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

yessir - you're creating pressure in the gas tank which will force fuel up the pickup tube, through the lines, and into the fuel pump, thus primimng it.

I can't guarantee it will work, but if it doesn't then you know for sure you're looking at a new fuel pump
Old 08-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #17
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Well I got good news and I got bad news. Good news is it runs! Still need to replace the accelerator cable but I wanted to get it running first. Bad news is that I think there are some clutch issues. I took a closer look at the driving clutch there are holes in it! Here are some pics. Well it looks like more parts are being added to the list.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #18
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Anyone seen anything like this?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #19
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I can't tell from the pic, but it looks like the surface of that clutch is actually worn through (something I've never seen, Wow!) ...
Old 08-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #20
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

which piece is worn, the sliding face or the cover? cover, no prob, outer face, weird.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO