lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
theclintonsx4
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rebuilt cart first weekend out....

I towed it down to Fripp Island SC for some much needed R&R and it ran pretty good but had a few issues.....

It still wants to backfire ever so slightly, I think it may need more tension on the spring behind the throttle plate but any input is welcomed...

It's steering is terrible, my buddy described it as a Craftsman lawn tractor steering. It is so loose you cant possibly hold it in a straight line, I looked like a drunk driver morning, noon and night! I've never noticed it at home because we don't have a really long straight away I guess. Where should I begin??

Thanks to all who helped me get it going to begin with. It was nice to have this past weekend although the island authority required me to put brake lights and insurance on it to drive on the island. That was an unexpected 150$ when I was 4hrs from home!
theclintonsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rebuilt cart first weekend out....

you should check for any play in wheel hubs and the tie rod ends. have someone move the steering whel while you observe the ends. also check the toe in. it should be about 1/8 of an inch.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
theclintonsx4
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I got the play out of it. The castle nut the mounts the ball joint to the vertical steering riser wasn't tight at all causing it to have play in it. Still can't get the backfiring completely dialed out.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclintonsx4 View Post
I got the play out of it. The castle nut the mounts the ball joint to the vertical steering riser wasn't tight at all causing it to have play in it. Still can't get the backfiring completely dialed out.
did you do the valve adjustment as directed in the EZGO tech section? that took care of my backfire problem.
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
theclintonsx4
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I got a 2 stroke, wish it were a four stroke!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO