lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
Goonie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Really HOT Charger

2004 CC DS IQ. Should the charger really be getting almost to hot to touch while charging ? It charges like its suppost to but gets pretty hot. I leave it on the garage floor while charging. Only had the cart for a couple of weeks.
I don't remember the model # of charger as I'm not at home.

Thanks
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Really HOT Charger

as long as its working it should be ok however i don,t like anything like that when its getting that hot.........i have 3 chargers and none of them get even warm but over the years and handling 100,s of different chargers i have seen them from not hot to warm to so hot you couldn,t leave your hand on it for more than just a few seconds..................i would clean all battery terminals and even change battery cables and whatever else to see if anything helps to cool it down some..................but again as far as i,m concerned heat is never a good thing.............unless your frezzing to death.................lol...............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since I am a first time cart owner as well I have noticed mine gets pretty warm as well. Not sure if it is the chassis design being all metal. I do see alot of vents so I assume that they knew it would get warm and was needed for ventilation. Here is the charger I have.

$(KGrHqIOKjYE40toIP!(BOVHWM(yhw~~48_12.jpg
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I noticed mine was pretty hot as well, but worked without any issues. However, when I put new batteries in, she ran noticably cooler. Perhaps older batteries put more of a load on the charger
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Goonie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Battery terminals are very clean, cables are fairly new. I contacted a local dealer and he said its going to get hot. The metal casing is suppose to absorb the heat from the internal charger itself, "just don't leave a plastic bucket on it." Apparently that has happened before. I may just put a box fan next to it. erict.....looks like we got the same charger........batteries are two years old.

Thanks for the replies.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car