lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
CClark56
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wiring Messed with and Microswitch Missing

Hi, I'm pretty new to the golf cart scene but I've grasped it pretty well so far, I understand most of what's going on under the seat.

Some background, I got this cart from a friend at a cheap price. It's an 1986 Gas EZGO, thing is, from what I can tell, it's missing the accelerator microswitch. Not a big deal, but I can't really visualize it actually installed, or the wires going to it. I can't find any pictures of the microswitch, the location or it actually installed, of the one that actually activates the starter when you push on the pedal.

I imagine the switch I need is one that is "closed" when it's pushed in and "open" when it's released, correct?

Really, I just need some pictures of under the seat, mostly around the accelerator microswitch, so at least I can get a picture of what a cart that is actually running looks like.

I can get some pictures tomorrow if it helps any, thanks in advance, really need the help lol.
CClark56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: Wiring Messed with and Microswitch Missing

CClark56 If you lift off the seat look down on the driver side low you will see the throttle linkage. Push it and see it move. You will see an adjusting bolt attached to the linkage with a rounded head. The mirco switch mounts vertical on the frame with 2 small screws you should be able to locate these holes if you look close and the switch has been removed. Yes the switch is a n/closed and installed it also requires 2 small 5/8" nylon spacers to move it out to the adjuster. I could send you a pic but I would need a email address as I use easy share. PM me if you like and we can go from there. I do have 1 spare switch I may part with or check site sponsors they can be bought. Hope this helps
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
racin161
Gone Wild

Oh will get to the wiring of the switch in a bit. One is from the key switch other to the solonid but i'll have to look to see which terminal it's attached to. Get back with ya.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:28 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

Go to ebay enter 390351365125 thats the switch your looking for. Use top and bottom screw hole remove center screw and put a little silicone on it to keep corrosion down.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
rib33024

Here's a diagram, let us know how it runs

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
CClark56
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow that's awesome, never expected that many replies, that really helps. I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow, and of course buy a switch lol.

Weird that it's missing, I don't know why someone would take it out, unless they took it off for parts or something. I have one that came in the parts box that came with the cart but I think that's the one that goes into the FNR switch.

I'll add one other problem with this cart, it's a little bigger size of a problem but I wanted to get the accelerator switch out of the way first... I've jumped the accelerator switch that missing to get the starter to turn, but it doesn't turn over or go anywhere. Now, I helped the guy with this cart before I actually bought it, we sprayed just a little starter fluid and it took off on us a bit so I got a different carb on there, It's an 1988 one, because the original one was trashed and didn't seem like it was feeding the engine gas just like the original carb. The fuel pump pumps, there's spark and all that. It's one of those problems that could be a lot of different things, but not as worried about it as the switch.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
racin161
Gone Wild

STOP THE PRESS. (DON'T USE STARTER FLUID) no lube, to dry,to much you can seize the motor. Now that out of the way. Check the F/R switch you have with an ohm meter if it's good it's the same switch and you can use it. Same mounting,roller and 2 wire connectors.Be advised you will have to have the small spacers in the drawing to move it out to position. I may add it's a bear to get mounted.One wire on the switch goes to the F N R switch one goes to the solenoid small terminal closest to the drivers side.Hot wire from ign switch is on the other side of F N R switch. You may have to spray carb cleaner or contact cleaner in the F N R switch contacts and work it back and forth several times and blow it out real good to clean contacts as it's been sitting and contacts may be dirty.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #8
CClark56
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post
STOP THE PRESS. (DON'T USE STARTER FLUID) no lube, to dry,to much you can seize the motor. Now that out of the way. Check the F/R switch you have with an ohm meter if it's good it's the same switch and you can use it. Same mounting,roller and 2 wire connectors.Be advised you will have to have the small spacers in the drawing to move it out to position. I may add it's a bear to get mounted.One wire on the switch goes to the F N R switch one goes to the solenoid small terminal closest to the drivers side.Hot wire from ign switch is on the other side of F N R switch. You may have to spray carb cleaner or contact cleaner in the F N R switch contacts and work it back and forth several times and blow it out real good to clean contacts as it's been sitting and contacts may be dirty.
Very true about the starter fluid, we only used a squirt to be sure the engine still had life. And cool, I wasn't sure if the FNR roller switch was the same one on the accelerator or not. I tried putting it on the frame where it belongs and you're right, it's hard to get attached. And I couldn't fine the spacer or the screw it came with but I cut some hard rubber hose that works pretty well. So I'll probably get that all together later. Thanks again.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #9
racin161
Gone Wild

Let us know how it goes
Old 10-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
CClark56
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just giving an update about nothing, that night I was going to put the microswitch back into place and hooked up I noticed a slight tingle in the back of my throat, next day I had full blown strep. So I've been recovering from that and midterm grades lol. Anyway, I'll hopefully get that all done and hooked up by this Monday.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO