lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #11
72volt_ezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 36 volt controller CC won't go / update

I tried a google search and got pretty confusing year descriptions but I saw 5K-0 ohms mentioned a lot. Is it even a two wire input there?
72volt_ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

two wires from the speed switch controller to the control unit, 1 wire from speed to to ign. switch and 1 wire to microswitch on f/r total of 4 wires coming from speed switch controller..............
kramsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cart has a 0-5k multistep potentiometer, aka modified Vglide. The small wires at the controller go:

1 = pack voltage + power
2= one of the pot wires
3= one of the pot wires
4= 1/2 speed reverse if used?

hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Scotty!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i think you really need to get your battery issue worked out before getting to far.........good batteries mean everything............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #16
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

That is my first issue to resolve shadowman.......I'm suspecting that I'm getting false readings about battery conditions..... when I got the cart it had 4 trojan 105s, fairly new, g9 stamped on the neg. terminals and 2 exide batteries which look liked they were in a war. the trojans were showing full voltage but the Exides were dead. I think something happened to the Trojans because of the Exides. one terminal and wire on the Exides looked burnt.

I replaced the Exides with two new Trojans and although the ammeter shows full charges on each battery and the whole pack voltage is good, it now seems like after charging, I can get the cart to jump a few feet a couple times but then it dies instantly. After recharging it repeats the same thing, runs a few times and dies.
I haven't really driven it since the first attempt, just pushing pedal by hand to test for results from charging and when I attempt to drive it, already dead.

De working on it tomorrow. I'll post results. Thanks for chiming in.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds to me like you may have wired your batteries in correctly..... check to see that every battery + is connected to a battery- (5 cables doing this only) except the 2 main + & - leads of course.....
Old 10-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #18
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

You know,...the most frequent work I've ever done on carts, ( we have two carts at our campground besides the one I'm working on ) is put in batteries. Put in new ones on both carts at the campground a couple years ago and unfortunately had both sets stolen over the Winter ( along with many others in the park ) ( yes, insurance covered them ) and replaced them this Spring. Maybe, just maybe since that's the only real work I've done with them until now, I felt comfortable enough not to go back and recheck them when trying to resolve my problems and maybe I did have a brain fart when hooking them up. I hope it's that simple. I'll let you know, Thanks!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:18 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm glad you are open to the possibility. I've done hundreds of sets and still quite capable of spinning one around during the install because my mind wonders to something more pressing or entertaining or I'm inattentive while I'm doing a battery install.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #20
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

Saturday Morning Update

First thing....checked to see if I had the batteries installed correctly....they were

Checked pack volts........37.5

Jacked up wheels......puched on accelerator.........nothing

Replaced 4 original older batteries with two known good deep cell marine batteries for testing

checked pack volts............37.6

pushed on accelerator after solenoid clicked 2 to 3 second pause wheels start running speed responds to pushing down on accelerator let off accelerator push accelerator again............nothing

just like same results with all original batteries in

charging pack as I type this.........will try again in an hour and betting to get the exact same sequence....work once then not work

where next? do that controller check like earlier described in thread?

thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car