lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #11
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Another G9 in my stable

Thanks, guys... for the comments about the cart AND the dog. I call him (the dog, not the cart) "REX" and it is probably a good choice since that is what he answers to --- when he decides to answer. :-) Actually, he does come when I call him most of the time ... exception being when he has something interesting to do. He's mostly obedient.
I may get a G8 someday ... when I can find one really CHEAP (or if I get a lobotomy :-) )
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Spoken like a true G9 member...haha Pat, there's a guy that sells fuel doors made out of treadplate on ebay. think I paid $26? Makes all kinds of treadplate parts for G9's. I'd check out the site supporters as well to see what they have.... just FYI
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
rib33024

Nice find

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROUBADOUR View Post
I'm not sure how to post pics ... I've tried several things. I know I've posted pics before, but somehow I've forgotten what I did! :-( Anyway, pics are in my album http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...t-s-carts.html

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #14
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks. I'm not too worried about a fuel door ... at least not for $26! Heck, that's more than 1/2 of what I paid for my G2! :-) But then it doesn't have a fuel door either.
I will probably be building a flip/flop seat on the back anyway.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:37 AM   #15
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Good looking G9. What are the loops for in the rear bumper? Cart appears to still be in great shape.

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Loops appear to be for "safety chains" when pulling a trailer in the orchard. It has a "make-do" trailer hitch (really, just a piece of 1.5" angle with a hole in it) welded on to bold a ball onto --- which will be removed as soon as I start working on the cart. Been so busy lately I've only taken it out for a ride once since I got it home ... and that was only for about 5 minutes! Only "bad" thing I noticed at that time was that it is SOOOO SLOWWWW! :-( Didn't notice a governor connected to the carb linkage -- didn't even notice one dangling. Not sure where I'll start checking for problems, but I guess I'll have a little time this week before I start getting ready for round-up.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 AM   #17
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

If it's been used to pull trailers, I'd start by looking at the belt and drive clutch. I use my G9 to pull a small bushhog, I usually have to replace the belt every year or two years depending on how many times I cut. It's up and down hills pulling quit a bit.

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #18
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

New belt and clutches about 6 months ago... according to the seller. And they do appear to be new. Power seems to be OK ... just didn't wind out like I think it should. It seems to be a governor-type restriction ... or a carb limiting thing. I'm comparing it to my other G8 with 22" tires so that makes some difference in top speed, but I just can't figure out why I can't get the revs up. Might have to rig up a tach so I know just what I'm dealing with.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #19
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROUBADOUR View Post
New belt and clutches about 6 months ago... according to the seller. And they do appear to be new. Power seems to be OK ... just didn't wind out like I think it should. It seems to be a governor-type restriction ... or a carb limiting thing. I'm comparing it to my other G8 with 22" tires so that makes some difference in top speed, but I just can't figure out why I can't get the revs up. Might have to rig up a tach so I know just what I'm dealing with.
comparing it to your g8 hmmm there's apples to oranges just joking troub
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #20
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sorry -- that should have been "compared to my other G9". I don't have a G8 --- yet. Hopefully I won't do anything bad enough to be required to do that much penance! :-) I try to avoid committing felonies just so I won't get sentenced to owning a G8. And if my lawyer isn't good enough to keep me from having to have a CC I will get a new lawyer! :-)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha