lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ez go not wanting to go...

adjusted valves?
882001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #12
makeitloudnfast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Its a 2 stroke I don't think you can adjust reed valves...can you?
makeitloudnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:04 AM   #13
Margarita Mojo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Im new to carts but not gas engines. Just bought a 2012 EZGo custom gas. I would think that your clue is that when you replaced the carb, it ran great for 2 weeks. This pretty much eliminates the rest. Do you have a fuel filter prior to the carb? My thoughts are you have alot of junk in the old fuel tank that worked its way into the new carb and you are back to original state of broke.

Joe
Margarita Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #14
makeitloudnfast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Found out new carb wasn't getting any gas into the bowl. Threw my old carb on with a couple parts off the new carb and now she runs. only problem I have left to figure out mechanically is why does it need to sputter and stutter for 2 minutes whenever its cold (or stopped for an extended period or time) before it will rev up and go places. When its already hot it only sputters for about 10 seconds. Thinking maybe I need to adjust the pilot jet out some.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #15
Margarita Mojo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitloudnfast View Post
Found out new carb wasn't getting any gas into the bowl. Threw my old carb on with a couple parts off the new carb and now she runs. only problem I have left to figure out mechanically is why does it need to sputter and stutter for 2 minutes whenever its cold (or stopped for an extended period or time) before it will rev up and go places. When its already hot it only sputters for about 10 seconds. Thinking maybe I need to adjust the pilot jet out some.
All my 2 stroke lawn equipment does that! So does my boat motor! Normal???
Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #16
Margarita Mojo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Still say ur gas tank is dirty! Till u clean it, this problem will probably come back!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #17
makeitloudnfast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My gas tank is stunningly clean, the very first thing I did when I started working on the cart is drain the tank and put some fresh mix in it. And the amount of time it takes to start is definitly not normal. I could read a newspaper article before it decides to move lol
Old 03-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #18
rib33024

Has this motor ever been rebuilt ??, need to do a compression test and post the numbers here, you said the plug was black and wet , thats to much fuel to the plug, when is the last time the air filter was changed, have the crank seals ever been changed?? what number plug are you running

what plug to use

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...tml#post565416

plug chart

http://www.dansmc.com/spark_plugs/sp...s_catalog.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
racin161
Gone Wild

What RIB said !
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #20
makeitloudnfast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Put new ngk spark plug in today. No difference at all was made. More in depth description of what it is doing: crank for one minitue without firing at all an no smoke out stacks, crank for another 45 seconds with white smoke pouring out and alternating between stuttering and falling back on the starter generator, after 45 more seconds of that the smoke clears up the cart then revs and drives completly normally. If I stop the cart for more than 30 seconds I have to repeat the process all over again. adjusting the pilot made no difference. I don't believe engine has ever been rebuilt an I'll try to get a loaner gauge at some point...

Tags
die, rev, sputter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO