lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
preachercart
Not Yet Wild

Default 295 cc motor

I bought a golf cart that has a 295cc motor on it ....the man told me that motor was off but all the parts are there and that it was a good motor ..i live in coushatta louisanna ...could find any one to put back to gather ,,, so i bought a rebuilt one of of a man...motor look like it had been rebuilt ,very very clean new gasket.. looked the part ,i put the motor on my cart drove it a little over a two day period ,...motor start making a fun sound ,,i was loading it up to take to shop ..drove it into back of truck when it made a banging sound ....pull it off the truck ...discovered motor was stuck like it was lock up ....pulled motor back out ...got it unstuck and discover that it has a crack in the casing the size of a nickel .... you can turn motor by hand ....good strong compression ....i talk to a man that say the connecting rod may not have been tight .....i am lost....i have one motor that torn apart and one motor that has a crack in it... what to do ...i want to fix it...but don"t know where to start ....:
preachercart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
brooklyn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 cc motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachercart View Post
I bought a golf cart that has a 295cc motor on it ....the man told me that motor was off but all the parts are there and that it was a good motor ..i live in coushatta louisanna ...could find any one to put back to gather ,,, so i bought a rebuilt one of of a man...motor look like it had been rebuilt ,very very clean new gasket.. looked the part ,i put the motor on my cart drove it a little over a two day period ,...motor start making a fun sound ,,i was loading it up to take to shop ..drove it into back of truck when it made a banging sound ....pull it off the truck ...discovered motor was stuck like it was lock up ....pulled motor back out ...got it unstuck and discover that it has a crack in the casing the size of a nickel .... you can turn motor by hand ....good strong compression ....i talk to a man that say the connecting rod may not have been tight .....i am lost....i have one motor that torn apart and one motor that has a crack in it... what to do ...i want to fix it...but don"t know where to start ....:
i know someone but cant send you a pm for some reason
brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome Preacherman, Here's a link I found on this forum for a Manual. It's a really great place to start. Good luck http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
preachercart
Not Yet Wild

pervishussen@ymail.com
Old 01-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachercart View Post
Hi preacherman, if you click on the site it should open if not go back to the ezgo gas thread and click on gas tech at the top it should be in that thread.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

If you have a crack in the engine block, something is very wrong. Sounds like you need to tear it down and have a look.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #7
preachercart
Not Yet Wild

I have never torn one down, i am looking at a repair manual now , i just dont want to mess it up .....? my budget is limited ...i still want to lift it up ..and put bigger tires on it and it need a paint job....it is painted up like the genaral lee ..right now......i thought about just sellimg it ....any suggestion...
Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

With a hole in the engine block, you appartently have serious engine damage. The hole in the block alone either puts you in a position to have it welded shut or another engine block. Either way, you gotta pull it out to find out what came apart and see what all it damaged. Nobody will give you anything on that core if it is damaged that badly.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #9
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

find someone doing a big block and buy there old 295/350 saw a few on ebay a while back
882001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
preachercart
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feed -back on what to do with my cart - I looking at a repair manual now ,

Tags
need help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO