lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
rjleftlane
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation Purchased 89'..been run 40:1 for years???

I just purchased an unmolested 89 ez-go marathon, the guy said he had been running a 40:1 mix in it for years, is there going to be any issues if I change it to the 128:1 mix.....i'm sure thats why it is slugish and has horrible throttle response....
rjleftlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Purchased 89'..been run 40:1 for years???

There will be no consequences but it is probably full of carbon. If it runs better on 128:1 then on the basis of "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" I would simply enjoy the cart. If however you are still not impressed with the massive power of your 11hp I would BBQ the muffler. This will burn out the accumulations of unburnt oil residue in there and allow for gas flow. To do this, remove the muffler (and exhaust pipe if you feel so inclined) and light a big old wood fire. Put the muffler on top and give it 30 minutes or until you see flames shooting out of both ends. Then let the fire burn out and the muffler cool.

For safety it essential that you keep the organic fire extinguisher full and to this end I recommend that you use a 12 pack of cold ones to ensure that the fire does not get out of control.

You should also get a set of exhaust gaskets before you start.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
H2xed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Should not be a problem. If It still runs poor clean the carb. My 90 and my neighbors 89 both had dirty carbs within two weeks of each other
H2xed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
firecart1
Getting Wild

Might not hurt to change fuel filters also.
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO