lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Found an EZ-GO dealer!

Yup that's the place.I didn't know it was two different businesses.I just call North End and ask for someone from the golf carts.Usually Scott.They're good people.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
Plato_99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yup, Scott is the guy I've been dealing with also. Seems like a good guy so far. He seems to know his stuff. I'm stopping in tomorrow and asking for a guesstimate on having them do a total motor rebuild, then asking for the cost for parts if I decide to do it myself. If they are reasonable I'll have them do it. I'll let you know what happens.
Plato_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

I paid I think $52 for an oversize piston with rings, wristpin, and wristpin clips.I believe the entire bottom end kit(three bearings, crank seals, and also a bearing for the little end of the conn rod)was around $75.I'd probably have them at least do the bottom end.I managed to get it by myself but if I had a press it would have been much faster.Plus, like you said, Scott knows his stuff.And the mechanic there seems on the ball too.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
Plato_99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I found lots of complete motor rebuild kits on the internet. All average pretty much around $325. I'm guessing North End Electric/TriState Golf Carts will probably want around $600 to $800 by the time it's all done. I'm going to stop by and ask but I won't pay that kinda money when I'm more than qualified to do it myself, all I'm short on is spare time. I have a fully equipped machine shop/welding setup in my garage (it's my hobby), better equipped than most garages and machine shops. I'm positive I can do a much better job that most engine shops, just going to take me a couple weekends instead of a couple days. Another benefit of rebuilding my own motor is I will know it inside out, it really bugs me to not know how something works, heck I've been known to take something apart that's brand new just to see what makes it tick!

Tommorow after work I'll post North End Electrics estimate to rebuild a 2P motor. We will see how it compares to doing it yourself.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #15
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Actually if I had all the parts on hand at the time, and the clutch weren't such a to get off, I'd have had it completely rebuilt in half a day even without the press.I was taking my sweet time about it though since I had very little idea of how to get the bottom end back together.But once I got into it, it wasn't so bad.The top end is just the same as anything else.Just remember to point the hole in the piston towards the carb.So doing it myself cost me about ten hours(again, going slow and counting engine removal), and about $130.I think he said the rate was $60 per hour but I can't remember for sure.But if they couldn't have it done in five hours or less with the engine already on the bench for them I'd think something was wrong.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #16
Plato_99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your input. That pretty much seals the deal for me, Going to order a complete engine rebuild kit tomorrow and do it myself. I'll still stop at the dealer tomorrow for an estimate just for comparison, while I'm there I'll pick up the engine mounts if they have them in stock.

I know I have a clutch puller for Polaris stuff somewhere in my garage so hopefully that shouldn't be a problem, if I can't find it a bolt and a piece of round stock works good. I'm going to take my time with the motor and do it right. I'll hot tank it to get all the crud off. I have a milling machine so I will mill the head and jug flat. I don't think ring end gap is an issue here so that's one less thing to worry about. I just hope I don't find anything wrong with the cases.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO