lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Dodob
Not Yet Wild

Default Loss of power and "ticking"

Hey guys, if I could please get some help. I don't know what else to do and would love your knowledge. Anyway let me start my story...

The problem first started with the cart not starting when I would press the gas, nothing would happen. Every once in a while it would finally work but oddly enough we figured out that locking he parking break then the gas pedal to unlock it would start it up right away. Anyway, after a little more use, that problem stopped, but almost an hour afterwards I go on and when I tried going and it would just sit there with very low revs and not budge. Until we finally just got it going but it was VERY slow, and defiantly couldn't reach it's top speed. The sound was also different, a lot deeper. So we took part the carbaretor and cleaned it all out and redialed the valves. That seemed to help a tiny bit. It cause it to stop backfiring and barley changed the acceleration.

Not sure if this makes a difference but in neutral it takes a second or two to kick in but it will get to max revs. Thanks in advance!!!! Please help, I don't know what to do.

Last edited by Dodob; 05-15-2012 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: Mispelling
Dodob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Loss of power and "ticking"

Hi Dodob, Welcome to BGW, I take it this is a 4 stroke? sounds to me like the throttle linkage needs adjusting here is a link that will help to adjust it. Good Luck
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-gas-tech/
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Dodob
Not Yet Wild

It is indeed a 4 stroke. But would the throttle linkage affect it when accelerating? Cause I can get it going, it just like bogs out when trying to go any faster.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 05-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I noticed in your title, you had " ticking ". Where does this sound come from? Double check your valve clearance settings. Make sure you set each cylinders valve clearance on the compression stroke. Did the problem start suddenly or over time?
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Dodob
Not Yet Wild

Yes we thought that was the problem. Today we changed out the spark plugs (even though they were firing before) and re-adjusted the valves again. Now it takes a while to get going but once it does it's fine. We are just happy that we can use it again but would still love it to be back to normal. Any other suggestions? If you need more information or details just ask.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Dodob
Not Yet Wild

Yes we thought that was the problem. Today we changed out the spark plugs (even though they were firing before) and re-adjusted the valves again. Now it takes a while to get going but once it does it's fine. We are just happy that we can use it again but would still love it to be back to normal. Any other suggestions? If you need more information or details just ask.

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Have you done a compression check? And also Follow the link PopATop sent I have seen the linkage do some real funny Stuff.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bogging, loss, power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO