lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1968 wiring diagram help

I think that I can handle it. Now my challenge is the starter regulator unit. On this model it is one piece. I am not sure that it is bad but without a diagram I am afraid I won't be able to figure it out. It has terminal designations, 5 screws with the letter A 30 51 61 62 respectively. Then there is two wires marked 50 and f. I am also starting to think its a 1971-2 since one site said that they were electric till 1971.
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #12
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That diagram is for a 78 but followed my 79 to a tee. My guess is 76-79 w/ internal starter.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1968 wiring diagram help

Ok so today I took the day off and spent some quality time with the ezgo. I followed the wiring diagram and was able to get it to spin over, although haven't tackled the voltage regulator yet. With that done I checked the compression, 125 without oil. I can feel suction at carb so the seals might be good. Last check before trial...... spark test but no luck, no spark. I checked the points they are no good. I have the motor out but couldn't get the flywheel separated from the starter? Also the muffler feels super heavy. Thanks for all the great info. Hopefully I can bring this one back.
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO