lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Early 80's Marathon Skid Plate

Does anyone have any pic's of a skid plate for a early 80's ez go ? I'm looking for some ideas for one to cover-protect the clutch from Mud "WATER" so the belt stays a bit dryer. I've been through a few snow piles and it wasn't too nice to the belt...
Vavoomskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Early 80's Marathon Skid Plate

Nothing short of a full cover is going to help.A skid-Plate will protect it from rocks,etc..but the drive-system is so low in the rear,its' pretty much impossible to keep it dry.Been There,Done It.My cart is a 85' Marathon with a TXT-Body,the drivetrain was all original until last spring.I put up with the slipping-belt for years.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Nothing short of a full cover is going to help.A skid-Plate will protect it from rocks,etc..but the drive-system is so low in the rear,its' pretty much impossible to keep it dry.Been There,Done It.My cart is a 85' Marathon with a TXT-Body,the drivetrain was all original until last spring.I put up with the slipping-belt for years.
Ya,, that's kinda what I was thinking I'll make one up for the heck of it.. if it keeps some junk out of it it's worth it Any pix of what ya had on yours...??
Vavoomskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I had nothing,wasn't worth the attempt.I beat the **** out of it for 4yrs.,never damaged the clutch on anything.The G2 rear in it now,has a Truss under the gear-case.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO