lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
RIDERIDGE5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Hei on 82 ezgo

Hey everyone,new to the post and carts. What I need to know is on a 2pg is the HEI wireing the same as the 3pg that is on the stickey. Any info would be great.
RIDERIDGE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: Hei on 82 ezgo

Welcome to BGW YES same thing.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
RIDERIDGE5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Lou. Having problems getting cart to start. I did top end rebuild and new crank seals. Engine looks like it has been worked on before so I'm not sure if pulsar ring is in the right place. I do get spark but won't hit.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

The pulse rplate should be centered with the two screws in the slots that will be close. Now have you replaced the plug ? If not do that and check the plug wire where it enters the coil. It unscrews from a pin post in the coil while it's out snip off about a 1/2 inch and reinsert it. Are you sure your getting fuel ?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
RIDERIDGE5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I should have been more clear on pulser. Should it be towards top of motor or bottom? Yes it has new plug and hei conversion. The plug seams to be wet when I pull it out.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

Left side or top looking at it. Also look for a timing mark on the pulser plate and housing. You may also try reversing the blue and red wires for the pulser and see if it will fire then sometimes the have to be reversed.

LOU
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #7
RIDERIDGE5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok it sounds like I did most of it right. I will get another new plug and see if that helps. I hope I didn't screw one thing up when I didn't replace jug on rebuild. It looked in real good shape and honed out pretty even.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #8
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When I did the HEI on my 83 I ended up using a car coil,, the stock one would peter out after about 3 min of running.. I think it would get hot and die. the car coil blows a 3/4" spark now!! and runs great Good luck and keep us in the loop
Vavoomskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO