lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 09 MPT w/Kawasaki 13hp intake rocker getting chewed up

Not sure if my add on post i did earlier will be seen too much so I thought I would start a fresh post hoping for some feedback.
Went it to do a valve adjust and noticed the intake rocker is not centered on the valve stem which causes the rocker to hit the spring retainer. Being the rocker is a lot harder metal, it chewed up the retainer some. I don't see an easy fix short of either pulling the head and clearancing the inside corner or possibly remounting the rocker stud. Or get a new head maybe.. I'll probably end up living with it once I make sure the rocker is now clearing the retainer since filing on it some.
Anybody seen this before and know another fix? If I called EZ GO is there somebody there to talk to?
Dave

mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
beater cart
Gone Wild

Default Re: 09 MPT w/Kawasaki 13hp intake rocker getting chewed up

I will start of with a disclaimer I am not an expert nor do I have a manual for that engine. But to me looking at the rocker it will need some thing to hold its center over the valve that would have to be the push rod due to rocker arm design. In the photo there appears to be some type of retainer around the push rod check that for wear. That's all I got good luck.
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Hey Dave, in picture 2 it looks like the rockers are different as to where the rockers are recessed for the push rods, or is it just the picture?

Also do you think the valve could be bent?

all I got.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Two suggestions, Make sure the pushrod isn't bent and are you sure the rockers are on the correct sides? They looked different in your photos.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It almost looks in you pix like the rocker stud isn't centered properly. If so, then the head was machined wrong when it was new. That would misposition the rocker so it would not center properly on the valve stem.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Pushrod is not bent, checked that first off. There is a pushrod guide and I bent it a little bit to align it the best it could be. It's all the way against the inside of the head. The rockers are the same. The valve is still pretty tight in the guide so that is ok.
I'll pull the cover off again and feeler gauge the clearance on the retainer now that I've filed it. I'll probably live with it for a while and just keep a check on it from time to time just didn't know if this was a common thing and if there was a fix I wasn't thinking of.
Thanks for the help.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

duplicate

Last edited by mcdave71; 07-20-2013 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: duplicate
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO