lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
maf217
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2004 EZ GO Oil Leak Help

Hello,
New to forumn and hoping somebody can help. I just rebuilt the engine for a friends 04 EZ go and the engine runs great! It did develop an oil leak after a couple hours of riding around. The cam seal pushed out. I replaced with another new seal and all was fine. The engine still has an oil leak and I'm not sure where it may be coming from. The spot where it leaked before is dry and it is showing oil on the top fin by the head bolt on the clutch side and running down the fins. Cleaned it off thinking it was from leak before and it is continuing to leak. Any ideas where to look first? The engine runs fine so i wouldnt think head gasket but maybe running up threads of head bolts? or are the holes blind.. also the pulse line to the fuel pump is leaking oil out some and its frothing out of the pump vent and at end of fuel line.. milky looking.. no blow by fresh bore and pistons oil level is at spec and the golf cart is stock without modifications. it is the robin engine 295.. Thanks in advance for any help or direction.
Matt
maf217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2022, 08:34 PM   #2
ttop726
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 EZ GO Oil Leak Help

My engine has the same leak
ttop726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:09 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Pics would help

But I’m gonna go with the plate that covers the back of the camshaft. It’s got a paper kinda gasket and if you take that plate off for any reason, need to replace that gasket with a new one or it’ll leak every time. The oem gaskets are 10x better than the aftermarket ones
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:20 AM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

What are you doing up at 1:09AM?? Get your rest man!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 12:36 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
What are you doing up at 1:09AM?? Get your rest man!!!
What are you doing up at 7:20am?

I work late and we have a baby. I rarely get to bed before 4am… and frequently have a lot of down time at work lately. Fixing to pick up here again at some point
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO