lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wheel Off-Set

OK Men , What does 2+5 Off-Set mean , Will this Wheel make the Cart narrower or will it make it Wide.
I have 3 New ITP Black rims & I need 1 more , Found one for $40.00 that is an ITP 12X7 with a 2+5 Off-Set.
I guess what I'm after is does + make the Wheel-Base Wider and - make it Narrower.
rugerm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: Wheel Off-Set

Seems you are getting a 2" inside and 5" outside center. This would bring new tires out and give wider stance.
Measure your current wheels to see what the inches are from ctr to inside rim bead then measure the out side inches from ctr to out side bead.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

On a stock 7"-wide 8" diameter wheel,The center-offset is 0,or 3.5/3.5. When you buy an Offset-Wheel,You choose for ex. 2"/5",that will make the backside 2"-deep,and the outside 5"-deep(moving the wheel-center in 1-1/2",thus making the cart 3" wider with both wheels).3"/4" does the same thing,just that it is only a 1/2" offset from stock.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
rib33024

See if this helps

if a wheel is 7 inches wide and listed as a 3+4 its a 3" backspace with a 1" negative offset from centerline.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
gr8gmc
Not Yet Wild

Is there any negative effects ride or suspension-wise going to a wheel tire setup that's a 2+5?

Fender flairs will obviously be a must. I'm looking a putting ITP SS212 12x7 (2+5) wheels with 215x40-12 Tires on a stock 2010 RXV.
gr8gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
Wagnerwerks
Not Yet Wild

I have the itp 12x7 wheels you speak of.... They work well with the Ezgo txt, but only with 23ish sized tires. I have to do a bunch to make them not rub with 25s. Also, Rocky Mountain atv has them for 32ish bucks. I can dig out a part number if you want.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...t-build-2.html
Wagnerwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #7
gr8gmc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnerwerks View Post
I have the itp 12x7 wheels you speak of.... They work well with the Ezgo txt, but only with 23ish sized tires. I have to do a bunch to make them not rub with 25s. Also, Rocky Mountain atv has them for 32ish bucks. I can dig out a part number if you want.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...t-build-2.html
Don't understand why they wouldn't work with the low pro 215/40-12s Are you saying I'll have a rubbing problem? I can't lift this cart...it won't fit in my cart shed at the club so I want to stay stock for now.

Thanks
gr8gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO