lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
L.McKeough
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 Metalist gas, steering problems

I just got my first golf cart! I have already done a bunch of work & got it running pretty good. I notice there is a problem with with the steering. First of all the steering wheel is not straight when the wheels are. The bigger problem is when you turn the steering wheel, the passenger side tire turns while the driver side stays still. The driver side does eventually turn after about a third of a turn of the steering wheel. So the driver side lags behind the pass. side regardless of which way you turn the steering wheel. I haven't started taking it apart yet. Thought I'd seek some advice first.

Thanks

Larry
L.McKeough is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 Metalist gas, steering problems

Wiggle the steering wheel back and forth looking for slack in the steering. Sounds like a joint on the divers side is pretty much shot. Should be easy to spot. Look around for a parts list that matches your cart so you can have part numbers on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.McKeough View Post
I just got my first golf cart! I have already done a bunch of work & got it running pretty good. I notice there is a problem with with the steering. First of all the steering wheel is not straight when the wheels are. The bigger problem is when you turn the steering wheel, the passenger side tire turns while the driver side stays still. The driver side does eventually turn after about a third of a turn of the steering wheel. So the driver side lags behind the pass. side regardless of which way you turn the steering wheel. I haven't started taking it apart yet. Thought I'd seek some advice first.

Thanks

Larry
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 Metalist gas, steering problems

The early racks in those cars had soft rack and pinion gears, they tend to wear out in the center wear most of the steering takes place. Some wear so badly that they will slip a tooth. Easy to replace the worn parts.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO