lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Long Tom
Not Yet Wild

Default gas mixture

When I bought my 1983 Marathon it had the fuel injection system on it. I took it off and mixed oil with gas. After renewing piston and rings I used 50-1 mixture for break in but now I need to know the proper mixture to use. One guy says 128-1 ( same as injection system) another says 64 -1 and still another says 50-1 .
Long Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: gas mixture

Welcome to BGW 128:1 is the correct mixture that would be 1oz per gallon as listed in the manual. Be advised some run 100:1 when running it hard for long distance.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
2 STROKING
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

128:1, 1 oz of oil to a gallon of gas as stated above. I run mine wide open with no gov for miles on end mixed this way and have never had a problem. 10+ yrs and still going strong on same rebuild.
2 STROKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
sbklf
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

100:1, I have a hard time doing that, I am running 32:1 hoping to get more life out of my wore out Robin 244.
sbklf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I ran mine for 4yrs,at 100:1.Never had an issue,the plug was always perfect,it still runs today(its' sitting on a pallet,waiting for a new home),amazingly,since I beat the crap out of it every time I ran it which was daily for a long time.Anymore than 1-1/2oz per gal.and you are just wasting oil and clogging the muffler.Keep in mind,they run a lot less rpm than normal 2-strokes,and with the CVT-drive,they have less load applied to them as well.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
hillcountrymac
Not Yet Wild

Amen to 100:1 rebuilt year and a half ago and been runnin in the hills ever since.Big hills and hot summers not a problem.
hillcountrymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO