lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #11
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me 09 Gas RXV

With new clutches you will need a new belt as well as it's a different width. I used the belt I have and it now doesn't ride all the way up the driven clutch like before but the new driven clutch is bigger overall so it should be about the same. Speed should be very close to the same or a hint faster. Have a friend with the full setup on shorter tires than me and seems just as fast. My driven clutch had a plastic spacer to keep it from going top speed when I got it but is easily removable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Mcdave71, on mine the drive clutch has the issue. There is a ridge in the face. My EZGo guy is looking into it but the plant is shutdown for Thanksgiving. Question I have is if I buy a new drive clutch will the old driven work and if I have to replace both, what happens to my speed?
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well haven't had a whole lot of time to monkey with the cart till today but have gotten some education. Clutch still isn't right but looking at just replacing both with the new team setup. Cart had been running a speedy 20 with the throttle cable all the way out. I adjusted the other bracket and then it wouldn't run slow so today I figured I would take the mechanism apart to learn. Turns out there is a bracket that attaches to the governor rod coming out of the transmission and when I loosened that found there was some slack in it that wasn't allowing things to align correctly. With some tweaking I was able to get 27 out of it and it still sounded happy. Backed it down just a hair to be safe.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #13
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

26-27 is about what I get on flat ground. Sounds like you have it figured out then.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Called and talked with EZ-Go today and they pretty much told me the best route was to go ahead and replace both clutches and belt. I know I have to do the drive clutch but he was telling me the new style drive roller clutch won't work correctly with the old driven. Oh well. Guess I will go see my dealer buddy and see what he can do for me :)
Old 12-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Got my new clutch system on the way and hopefully the Fed Ex truck will deliver them tomorrow..
Old 12-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Little curious about the clutches. I ordered a 2010 RXV as I heard they have a better clutch. Is that the clutch that you ordered or is there an even newer clutch? I was also curious about the heavy duty clutch setup. My cart will be a limo and I am thinking about building a matching trailer out of an electric RXV so might pull a lot of weight once in a while. Was thinking I would drive it a while and see how it performs but I don't want to sacrifice a lot of top end speed with heavy duty clutch. Has anyone changed there setup over to heavy springs?
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I hope they work out. I knew I needed to replace the drive clutch and for the cost it wasn't that much more to get it all. And my guy was telling me that they had some problems with the old style driven so what the hey. My concern was I would lose speed but EZGo told me I should not. We will see. The setup is supposed to raise torque from 678ft lbs to 1083 ft lbs so that should climb a hill.

Hope to get them on this weekend so we will see.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #18
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think the newer clutch came out in 2012? If you look at this link it shows 2012-2014.
http://www.erlandsontechnology.com/category_s/216.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerj7907 View Post
Little curious about the clutches. I ordered a 2010 RXV as I heard they have a better clutch. Is that the clutch that you ordered or is there an even newer clutch? I was also curious about the heavy duty clutch setup. My cart will be a limo and I am thinking about building a matching trailer out of an electric RXV so might pull a lot of weight once in a while. Was thinking I would drive it a while and see how it performs but I don't want to sacrifice a lot of top end speed with heavy duty clutch. Has anyone changed there setup over to heavy springs?
Old 12-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Got my goodies today

Drive clutch is different than the standard spring style. Guess the rear clutch pulls it open as it slows. Rear is awful tight. Can't spin by hand. Will just have to wait and see I guess.

Mcdave, where was that plastic spacer? I don't see one but my spring has a green stripe.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:42 AM   #20
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My spring was black with the spacer. My friend with the new setup didn't have the plastic spacer in his, so I guess not in all of them. I'll add some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Got my goodies today

Drive clutch is different than the standard spring style. Guess the rear clutch pulls it open as it slows. Rear is awful tight. Can't spin by hand. Will just have to wait and see I guess.

Mcdave, where was that plastic spacer? I don't see one but my spring has a green stripe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-09-12 18.05.44.jpg (144.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-09-12 18.06.01.jpg (135.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-09-12 18.06.26.jpg (118.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO