lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default voltage reducer or converter

Looking to install an voltage reducer or converter into my rxv with 4 12v batteries. Just going to power lights.

I've seen the reducer that scottyb has and note that it should be turned off when not in use (which can be easily accomplished with proper wiring.)

Looking on another site, the recommendation is to use a converter over a reducer because " It protects your batteries better than a Voltage Reducer by converting your 36- or 48-volt batteries to 12 volts by using the entire battery pack."

This is where my confusion lay....if I purchase a 48v reducer or converter is there a difference???
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: voltage reducer or converter

no difference
it is best to use the entire pack for better battery life
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO