lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
giff2121
Not Yet Wild

Angry 95 Medalists having power issues

Alright.... I have a lifted 95 medalists with upgraded cables, HD solenoid, HD F/R switch, new 400 amp Altrax programmable AXE controller. Only thing I haven't replaced to this point is the series motor.

Here is the problem... After driving for a short distance I lose pulling power to the point where the cart is snailing along until it eventually stops. I let it sit for a few minutes and it will go again and slowly stop again. I checked the batterys and all is good there. So, I put the cart on blocks. Checked the motor and it runs when on blocks with no weight to pull. I took the motor apart and used my air compressor to blow out a lot of black dust.

Where should I start? Common sense tells me to check the solenoid and motor. Solenoid clicks every time though but the power issue leads me through that. I have a volt meter and can check things with that. And how else can i check the motor. It runs when jumping power to it...

I am so dang frustrated.... I almost just flipped it down the mountian last time I went hunting and it left me stranded.
giff2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 Medalists having power issues

Loose connections?
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
giff2121
Not Yet Wild

I tightened everything again and double checked.
giff2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The symptoms given (loses power while driving, then slows to a stop and after a few minutes rest the cart will move again for a short distance) indicate battery pack issues, but it could be heat related issues elsewhere.

Connect your voltmeter to the main Positive and Negative battery pack terminals and monitor the pack voltage while driving.

BTW: Batteries that fail under load, may have good voltages when the load is removed.

---------
Also, what is your pack voltage and individual battery voltages about 12 hours after the charger turns off automatically?

Are you running tall tires on cart?
Stock height is 18" and taller tires take more amps to turn.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo 36v, series motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO