lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #61
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Anyone installed a Jet Kit on a G29

Dang it don i had no idea that you put that much precision into your performance kits. Now im a believer when you say that i will not be able to wipe the smile off my face when i install one of your extreme performance kits. Cant wait
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #62
MississippiG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowman View Post
hi db , our jets are determined by us based on dyno results with a 02 sensor and egt gauge for opitimum performane and combustion chamber temps based on the motor cart and elivation and rpm. we have over 18 main jets and five pilot jets as of right now, if you have a performane kit for your cart and try to run the stock jet not only will it run very bad but will take the motor out from very high ciy temps, if you add air you must add fuel!
miss29 it is possible that i sent you the wrong main it has happened before when your as busy as we are it can happen we had not got that far yet as i was having you check for air leaks and dirt in the carb as of thurs, I would be happy to send you out a main jet to see if it runs perfect if it dont then it is a air leak of sort or junk in the carb, then we will know,
you must be very carefull dilling your jet, if you go a smidge to big it will get fuel in the oil and wear out parts very fast, but run very good. it only takes a few mins to change a jet to find out.
That would be excellent, and really appreciated!! I know how busy you guys are! I just like to experiment a little on my own, just out of curiosity to see how it would run with the main jet being a little larger. To my surprise it ran really good.

I'm running large 25" tires, and with the main jet being larger I really gained some torque mainly due to the engine not bogging down, but I am thankful for our conversation about cleaning the carb, I pulled the plastic shim between the carb and the cylinder head and the was trash on it, I would not have caught that with out your guidance.
MississippiG29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #63
MississippiG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Can anyone tell me if this is good plug color?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131208_093627.jpg (88.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20131208_093307.jpg (107.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #64
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My kit worked very well (Thanks Don!). Much better hole shot (although the reworked secondary clutch probably helped that a lot), and crisp acceleration from idle to WOT. The only objection I noticed was greater exhaust fumes which I took care of with the extension pipe.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #65
dbmachine
Gone Wild

The electrode looks tan which is good
Old 12-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #66
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Temperature this morning was about 28 degrees and it took lots of choke to get the cart started. Had to take a load of garbage to the highway for pickup early this morning. Did you notice better starting in colder weather with adding the larger pilot jet with dons kit???
Old 12-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #67
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Temperature this morning was about 28 degrees and it took lots of choke to get the cart started. Had to take a load of garbage to the highway for pickup early this morning. Did you notice better starting in colder weather with adding the larger pilot jet with dons kit???
Last winter (before the kit), I needed to use a lot of choke, and had to keep it on (at least half way) for several seconds to keep the engine running, when first starting out. This winter, I still need to use a little choke to start, but once the engine fires, I can pretty much back right off the choke and it'll keep running.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #68
MississippiG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Mine really doesn't need coke now, it was really cold the other day when I was hunting my buggy sat for quite a while hours in the cold, hit the gas and it started right up.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #69
MississippiG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiG29 View Post
Mine really doesn't need coke now, it was really cold the other day when I was hunting my buggy sat for quite a while hours in the cold, hit the gas and it started right up.
Of course the jet I'm using is a custom Crocker Jet.. Personally engineered by myself.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha