lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Yet another jumpy throttle post...

If this started after the lift I'm thinking you have some tension in the throttle cable that is not letting the carb come back to idle. You could try to disconnect the cable and see if you can make it idle by hand.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #12
drewbaby88
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Yet another jumpy throttle post...

That's what I thought too, KGSC, but while I was installing the lift I noticed a a bad kink in the throttle cable (that I probably did while lifting) and it looked to be stretched so I ordered a new one and installed it. I guess once I get a chance to open it up and look at the carb and throttle linkage, I might be able to narrow down the problem.

Not having any half-throttle capability makes me think it is the butterfly. It is either broken or not fully closing. If it was the throttle cable or linkage, I should still be able to hold the pedal in 1 position and not have the clutches spin all the way closed.
drewbaby88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car