lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default New Plowman's Belt

Hi guys, I am new to the whole carting thing and decided I wanted my cart to have more torque and speed. Called Don at Plowman's and he sent new Belt, jets, etc. I have a 2011 Yamaha gas lifted. I went to change the Belt last night and I couldn't get it on. After compariing it to the original, it seems to be 2-3 inches shorter. Is there a trick to installing it that I am missing? Does someone else have a Plowman.s belt for a YDR and what are the numbers on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bison
BisonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Plowman's Belt

You can get it on by rolling it on but its a takes some effort. Wear some gloves so ghat your fingers dont get pinched between the belt and the sheeves. Btw what is the number that is labled on the belt??? The new belt should be a little shorter since the oem belt has probably stretched due to useage over the years. 3 inches seems to be drastic though.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There are two different oem belts for YDRAs, early ydras had belt (JW1-G6241), newer ones used (J55-G6241). Look at the original belt for a PN printed on it. One IS shorter than the other. Call the new belt supplier with the original belt PN.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Cgtech is right the 07-2012.5 have a different belt than the 2013-2014 carts. The reason is the newer carts a a greatly improved more reliable clutch setup than the early generation models. Took yamaha over 6 years to get the clucthing right on these ydras.lol
Old 02-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Ive owned both generations. A 2009 and now a 2013 and the 2013 is far more smoother. The 2013 you have to use your brake pedal alot more than the 2009. The 2009 setup the clutches themselves seemed to have a braking system built in that didnt allow for much coasting when letting of the throttle when wide open.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Bison on the belt that don from plowmans sent you what are the letters and numbers that are labeled????
Old 02-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, new clutch brought its own, new problems. Lurch on takeoff (amplified by bigger tires or HS gears).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #8
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The new belt for my 2007 was tight and hard to get on, but I was eventually able to "roll" it on. There is no "neutral" though (other than shift-wise). As soon as the starter engages the cart wants to move forward, although it doesn't "lurch" or jerk. It's pretty smooth, and that's with the Team clutches, although my secondary is new. IIRC the number on the belt was 1205
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #9
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

The Plowman's belt number is PLO1200 It also has 173 C11001642390. I know it should roll on but it fits inside the old belt. Do you roll from the top or bottom?
BisonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #10
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I think you have the wrong belt... Im not dead positive but you need the 1205.. The 1200 fits the new 2013 and 2014 carts along with the g16 g19 and g22 carts. Call don monday and im sure he will make it right. He is an awesome person to speak to about these yamaha carts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha