lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #21
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New Plowman's Belt

I was thinking of doing the belt first to see what that change makes, then the airbox and carb. But since I have the carb parts and instructions, I guess they will come first. How do I modify the governor?
BisonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #22
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BisonGolf View Post
I was thinking of doing the belt first to see what that change makes, then the airbox and carb. But since I have the carb parts and instructions, I guess they will come first. How do I modify the governor?
listen to what Dons says if you have a gas Yamaha he knows how to make it GO unbelievable difference from stock. He walked me through everything on my G9 carb airbox governor valves everthing in his kits are designed to go together for optimum performance!
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #23
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I just got done with all of my mods except the belt. The cart does seem to have more power but not a whole lot faster. I also have a hesitation in it now when I hit the throttle. I guess I need to call and see how to get that out. I put on a new fuel filter, spark plug, modified the airbox, cleaned the carb and then changed the jets. Took it for a few short rides, right before a huge storm hit. I was walking out to move my truck in the garage and lightning struck with thunder about 2 seconds after. Scared the crap out of me!! :-) Cutting the 1 1/2 inch hole was pretty easy. You need to have a deep hole saw or cut part of the flute off. I got mine a little off center, but not much. Took about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to complete. Can't wait for the belt.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #24
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BisonGolf View Post
I just got done with all of my mods except the belt. The cart does seem to have more power but not a whole lot faster. I also have a hesitation in it now when I hit the throttle. I guess I need to call and see how to get that out. I put on a new fuel filter, spark plug, modified the airbox, cleaned the carb and then changed the jets. Took it for a few short rides, right before a huge storm hit. I was walking out to move my truck in the garage and lightning struck with thunder about 2 seconds after. Scared the crap out of me!! :-) Cutting the 1 1/2 inch hole was pretty easy. You need to have a deep hole saw or cut part of the flute off. I got mine a little off center, but not much. Took about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to complete. Can't wait for the belt.
Interesting that you now have hesitation after the mod. Mine was the exact opposite. I had it before, but the new jets (and/or maybe the carb cleaning) fixed it. Did you set the idle mixture screw as instructed?
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #25
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I did exactly as it said. The one thing I wondered about is that black plastic part he had us cut off. What does that do?
Old 02-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #26
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Hesitation sounds like the pilot jet or mixture screw a tad off. Don will know what to do. How much louder is the cart after modding the airbox???
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #27
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Not really a lot louder, But I can hear some sort of linkage noise now. Or I think it is linkage. I need to investigate that more.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #28
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Call don and see what he says about the hestitaion. Im interested to find out myself because im about to do the same mods.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #29
dbmachine
Gone Wild

One other thing the black plastic cap on the mixture screw did you melt it like the instructions say and did you reinstall that cap after you made the adjustments??
Old 02-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #30
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

If you go with a new spring with Don he will ask you what use you will do with your cart. He will determine from what you tell him and how cart is setup with tires, lift, etc. as to what color spring to use.

I went with his performance kit : muffler,jets, belt, new clutch sheaves,spring .
Now even in below freezing temps once I pull the choke out it starts and push choke back in . I use my cart in the woods for hunting so no need for speed . I was after the pulling on hills and such.
BamaG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha