lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #1
Wmpick
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G16- secondary spacer / spring

Hi, I have read several posts but am still a little fuzzy in the brain :( I just recently got this G16 for a great price but it has been rode hard and put up wet especially under the hood- The guy I bought from had a brand new Yam Primary clutch that he had never installed, but upon further inspect the secondary is shot- I made the mistake of ordering new Yam parts from B.Nt before I found this site, but we live and learn- anyways , I got old one off (with help of this site)-The circlip is up against housing, but if understand correctly, i should remove and trash- next, I don't see this spacer part on my G16 parts diagram so I guess this is an uprade from a faulty design- I am going to use my cart mostly on my farm and I have several hills-so power will be more important to me than speed,hehe,maybe, so, should I throw the new yam spring in a box and get the Power spring/ spacer #DPK101, from CPP and also if I get this kit do I use either of the 2 plate washers that I bought per diagram- I have found the great install instructions but am just wanting to be sure and fix correctly while I'm fixin er up. its a 1997 G16AR, stock (right now) Thanks for your expertise in advance
Wmpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G16- secondary spacer / spring

Welcome.Remove the snap ring and install the spacer.The.spacer is to prevent the clutch from spreading due to the clip popping out and sliding inward like you found.You can try the spring you have first,then upgrade later if you want more power/speed.Talk to Don at Plowmans,he will set you up with what you need specifically for your applicationHope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
Wmpick
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok so if I want to put it together with all these stock parts then what is the part number for the Spacer that takes the place of where the circlip was. Or is it an aftermarket type part?
Old 03-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The spacer-sleeve is an aftermarket part.Just tell them you need the spacer for a Yamaha Secondary clutch.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The C clip will fail with any aftermarket spring, sometimes fail with stock setup. The spacer sits on the spline so it can't go into the case.

Also check out the yamaha Umax spring, it fits all the older yamaha 4 stroke carts and will raise rpm at lower speeds for more power without going to a stiff aftermarket spring. It is stiffer/longer than stock but you can still get it installed by hand. I'd recommend you buy a new nut also to hold it all on unless yours looks fresh. Another mod is to get a cut sheave, or get yours cut. This will help takeoff and towing it only works up to about 5mph then acts normal. It gives a lower 'gear' when you take off so it revs better from a stop. You can also get a HD kevlar belt from CPP they are wider and will also help it rev from a stop better. Usually people do this stuff on lifted carts because it kills low end torque when you gear them up with large tires.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
Wmpick
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I haven't been able to locate the "Umax" spring you speak of, and also spacer- Do you know part #'s or where best place to order them? Thx
Old 03-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Yamaha J38-46322-09-00 Spacer,Input Shaft; New # J55-46322-09-00 Made by Yamaha

Prices will vary...
Attached Images
File Type: gif YP-90508-45849-00.gif (47.2 KB, 0 views)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Dude, you always bust out the part numbers, usually faster than i can.....how do you do it, you work at a dealer?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #9
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Dude, you always bust out the part numbers, usually faster than i can.....how do you do it, you work at a dealer?
Nope, just a lot of time on my hands.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #10
Wmpick
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the info!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha