lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2014, 04:41 PM   #11
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: G2 to G9 differential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvans View Post
If you had to choose a direction that was the one I wanted to here. The other way would have been very difficult to accomplish. This way should be pretty straight forward. Will have to fabricate another stub shaft adapter to bring the primary clutch closer to the flywheel.
Thanks for the info!
No problem. If you have any other questions, just ask. I just did a G2 rear end swap on my G1 to support the clone motor. So did fellow member Slonomo.....he's always on here and willing to help out
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #12
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

When swapping a G2 rear for the G1 it's good to know that the G2 axles are two different lengths. The G1 axles are the same length. You can swap out the G1 axles in place of the G2 if you have the cart setup for the G1 rear. The G2 axles will offset the rear to the passenger side of the cart.
Using the G1 axles with a G2 rear may cause a clearence problem between the clutch and swingarm. I had to put a 1" spacer between the swingarm and rearend mounts to get enough clearence for the clutch.
Hope this helps some.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #13
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Helps a bunch. Especially knowing that the axles and housings are interchangeable.
Thanks for bringing this info to light.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha