lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
aka rotten
Not Yet Wild

Default New G-1 owner?

Well bought g-1 that don't run from a older guy then me. Never owned one, not sure yet what year it is. He told me he thought it was 86,I, thinken 84.Says cart ran fine last year, placed it over cart now notta, no click nothing engine looks clean not abused, He did say 0il mixture deal bypassed and I thought he said he used 50\1 mix, does that sound right, also notice cracked fuel line. I ,ve own 2000 mod. Yamaha since new but never messed with these, So tell me where to start in your opinion. Want to be sure what mix is for sure. Thanks, Paul
aka rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: New G-1 owner?

50:1 is ok. I hate to say it, but, if you are new to golf cart wiring, the G1 is a tougher place to start, with their "reversing contactor" setup. I bet there are some wiring diagrams around here. The G1 engine is run backwards to achieve reverse (a 2-cycle engine does not care too much what direction it is run, forward or backward rotation).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #3
aka rotten
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New G-1 owner?

After going over it a bit found main fuse was blowin. Gent told me it had busted fuel line somewhere. After tracing line to top of tank its broke there where line goes into tank. I,m going to need fitting that goes into tank and I also believe there must been filter of some type in tank. I need a parts source for the fitting on top of tank. Anyone know a parts place I can order from?i,m going to replace all lines filters, and whatever else. Carb is new gent says and appears so. Say cart ran fine last year ,then covered it up and would not hit a lick this year. Mane thing is I need a parts source for 89 G-1,J13 something. also oil mix deal he had cart place to do away with and uses 50-1 mix. Thanks for any help on ordering parts.Paul
aka rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha