lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
LoudLowNslow
Not Yet Wild

Default what type of cart is this?

Whats up folks? I'm buying a camper at a campground and it comes with a cart. Only problem is I dont know what kind of cart it is! I havent looked at it yet, my brother sent me the pictures. All he knows is that it is a Yamaha, and is gas powered. I will upload a picture from my phone in a few minutes, I just wanted to get the thread started from my laptop! The cart appears to be in tough shape, I just would like to have an idea as to what type of cart it is so I can start purchasing maintenance items along with some accessories! Thanks! -Paul
LoudLowNslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
LoudLowNslow
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: what type of cart is this?

Old 04-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Welcome to BGW! It's a G2. They were made from 1985 to 1991. Good luck with your new toy
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Get an ngk2bprs plug, its for newer model yamaha like a g14 and recommended by my dealer, it works better in G2/9. Make sure carb is clean and clean and lube clutches make sure they are working right, check belt it should be over 1" wide, then see what you have. You can reach under rear bumper on top of trans 10mm deep socket tighten the nut on stud to raise speed but 18" tires you only go so fast anyway. G2 is near same as newer G9 it has more compression and alum trim instead of black, different cupholder, etc. Watch out for corrosion issues with wiring connectors and battery cable ends.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:20 AM   #5
LoudLowNslow
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the replies! Now that I know what it is I have to start looking up some custom ones to see what I should do!
Old 04-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
jeff70
Gone Wild
Yamaha

here is my G2, 4" lift and 22" tires,
there are alot of parts and options out there for these
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7389.jpg (263.8 KB, 0 views)
jeff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha