lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2015, 08:34 PM   #1
Konrad
Not Yet Wild

Default Sway control on G29

For those of you that would like to get rid of the body sway on G29's, thought I would post my results.
I originally tried .750 spacers under the rear shock springs but felt that the cart had no suspension in the rear. I then went with.4375 spacers and now have decent rear suspension with little body roll. I'm happy now!
Konrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Sway control on G29

I think I have .75" spacers on my cart with the heavy rear seat and I always have at least 100lbs of kids riding on the back at all times. Ride nice and smooth with a load on the back and nice and straight running 30mph down the street. Take the load off and yes it's a bit bumpy on rough terrain but no body roll at all either way with or without the kids. Now you put 500lbs of people on the rear seat and man oh man its a hand full
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:02 PM   #3
Essentialbill
Not Yet Wild

Were did you get the spacers. The spacers go between the bottom of the spring and the saddle it sits in? Thank you
Essentialbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Wheel spacers alone can't solve sway/poor handling. The spacers didn't resolve the issues of "not enough springs & shocks" for the job. Everyone has their results, but the same stock spring is still the same spring. I have seen foul handling/sway issues at "parking lot" speeds. 30mph would have been a roll over with that suspension.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:48 PM   #5
jimhoepfl
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm having the same issue. My rear shocks are older. Should I start by replacing them?
jimhoepfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:25 PM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

What sway bar?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:52 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I find it interesting that an aftermarket sway bar is just not available for any Yamaha, EZ-GO, or Club Car.

I think there is some money that could be made here.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:50 AM   #8
jimhoepfl
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So do you think I should start with a new sway bar or shocks? I've looked for a sway bar but haven't been able to locate one.
jimhoepfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #9
Yzshooter
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm experiencing some serious body roll on my G16 w/ 6'' lift. I know my shocks are bad because they have little to no compression or rebound dampening. I bought 2 OEM Kawasaki Brute Force sway bars off eBay for around $14 each delivered. I know I can mount one on the front with simple fabricated bracket but not sure about the rear. Either way I'm going to change the shocks first since they have no dampening.
Who the best source for shocks?

Thanks, Al
Yzshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha