lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2016, 10:07 PM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 295 motor rebuild or buy new?

Picked up an ezgo marathon with 295cc robins motor - the only problem being that the previous owner tore the motor apart because it threw a rod and left it sitting for four years. So after further inspection I have the entire motor (disassembled). I am wondering what the best option to go about it is.

I really don't need a muffler, etc. just a long block with the head on it would be good. I'm not sure if I should buy a motor off of ebay (found one for $600 but has a bunch of stuff that I don't need like a carb and muffler, etc.) or if anybody could recommend a place that sells rebuilt/used motors? I don't want to do it myself, I want to make sure its done correctly, put the motor in and go.

Any advice or tips or places to call?
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2016, 08:22 AM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 motor rebuild or buy new?

Motors & More in Appling Georgia seem to be a reliable soruce,call Cindy @ 888-846-0055.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

I found their web site last night, but it was very limited information wise. perhaps I will try to give them a call today and see what I'm working with. Also found a web site for j and m golf carts, their website had quite a bit more information so I may give them a call.

any recommendations as to whether I should rebuild or buy a new motor?
Old 06-20-2016, 12:39 PM   #4
mardad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
Motors & More in Appling Georgia seem to be a reliable soruce,call Cindy @ 888-846-0055.
Cindy and Tom are great to deal with and back up their product.
mardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #5
Ron Benedict
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree. They are very nice to deal with.
Ron Benedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:12 PM   #6
Dagoboy1976
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a complete 350cc that I've been trying to get rid of. 300.00 plus shipping if you'd like
Dagoboy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:10 PM   #7
A29Adriver
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Dagoboy if nwocart is not interested I would be.

Rick
A29Adriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #8
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoboy1976 View Post
I have a complete 350cc that I've been trying to get rid of. 300.00 plus shipping if you'd like
pm sent dagoboy
Old 06-23-2016, 11:13 PM   #9
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

has anybody dealt with cte rebuilds on ebay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281725485370

Ive called three places. Local guy told me to expect $1000 because the crank will need turned on a lathe and shipping, etc. Said he makes a few bucks but has a guy that rebuilds them and told me that would be his price. He said I will get charged more money eventually anyways when I send my core to one of the online places and they find out the crank needs machined, etc. I can see where I think my crank probably needs turned, it BARELY has a couple grooves in it. He said everyone that hes ever sent in has needed machined.

Called a couple places online and they want $600-650. I guess my question is do all these places go about it the same way? Should I just take it to the local guy (40 min away) and save myself some hassle? I guess I want to get the best bang for my buck and I'm struggling with the best decision to make. I guess I'm just looking for experience from guys who have had this done as to how common it is for them to charge you for different things in regards to dinging you off of your core charge. They all seem to offer the same service, the local guy I called just seemed to be more up front about it - but I also don't want to send it in to him and spend more than I should if its not that common of a problem. Maybe I should just say screw it and mail it some place or I'll never have it running
Old 06-24-2016, 07:31 AM   #10
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If your local guy has a good reputation go with him keep the money close to home and if he's any good he will back it up in the future if there is any problem just my two cents
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO