lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2016, 08:25 AM   #1
Rjtwins
Not Yet Wild

Default Need buying advice - Express S4 vs TXT (gas)

Hi all,

I've been looking at the S4 and the TXT for the past couple weeks and am having a difficult time deciding which one is right for me and my family, so I came to this forum to find expert opinions and advice. I live in ohio and have about 10 acres. The family wants a cart, but I figured I might as well get something that has some utilitarian uses also. I have a kubota tractor, so I don't need anything extremely heavy duty, but I can see myself occasionally pulling a cart with some tools, firewood or kids....For this reason, I'm leaning towards the S4, but I want to make sure its worth the extra $2-3k over the TXT. Does anyone use a txt to for the same tasks, and if so, how has it held up? Both have the same engine, so I know it has enough power, I'm just wondering if the farm and components on the txt are sturdy enough to support the extra (occasional) load.

Any and all thoughts and input are appreciated.

Thanks,
RJ
Rjtwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
Zypher
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need buying advice - Express S4 vs TXT (gas)

My family has had 2 ezgo txt. They can be setup anyway you can imagine. I would advise a lift, tires and a fold down seat. Should all fall within your budget. It's no 4 wheeler. However, carries a big sprayer, spare battery and 2 people like nothing.
Zypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #3
Rjtwins
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. The txt's that I'm considering have all those options you mentioned....

Does anyone have the express s4? if so how do you use it, and how has it held up for you?

Thanks Again
Old 11-14-2016, 12:54 AM   #4
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My TXT farm cart.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...farm-cart.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hitch 02.jpg (210.6 KB, 0 views)
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
EZ GO L4 Beach
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2014 S4 that I use just to ride around down here at the beach. Not used for anything other than leisure and hauling gear to and from the beach. Accessories are hard to find for this model. I personally think it looks better than the TXT, and you don't see that many of them where I am at.
EZ GO L4 Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:52 PM   #6
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

the S4 has lights, a lifted heavier suspension a seat kit and a 13.5hp kawaski engine, the TXT is rated at 7 or 9hp and standard suspension no lights or no seat kit.
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #7
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=bird6246;1331872]the S4 has lights, a lifted heavier suspension a seat kit and a 13.5hp kawaski engine, the TXT is rated at 7 or 9hp and standard suspension no lights or no seat kit. Obviously you can do a lift kit and seat kit and lights on the TXT. tons of aftermarket stuff for the TXT. The carb on the S4 is like $400, the one on the TXT is like $60
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Also, part of the above is incorrect - both TXT and Express use the 13hp Kawasaki Engine as of 2009 ... For the price difference, I'd buy a TXT and customize it, a top-of-the-line Long-Travel lift (10X the ride quality of factory) with even the craziest 14" rims and a quality 6-ply offroad tire is going to run You around $1200, rear seat around $300 - leaving You with a MUCH better cart than the stock express both handling and ride-wise, plus You'll have an extra $1500 in your pocket
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:15 PM   #9
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I with Brew City I was in your same position about a year and half ago and ended up buying a 2015 TXT and never looked back. It is a GREAT cart when you get down deep both models use the same engine, frame and drive train. The stock lifts, tires and wheels are different, plus the front cowl & dash. There are many more aftermarket and OEM upgrades and options out there for the TXT. Mine came with the "Valor" package that included head & tail light, a 2" lift, 10" wheels and upgraded tires. Hope this helps!
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:53 AM   #10
Rjtwins
Not Yet Wild

Guys, that's awesome info and I really appreciate it! I have been leaning towards the txt for all the reasons mentioned and you guys confirmed my thoughts. Thanks

Here's a link to some of the carts that I am considering. The ones I like are the 2012 txt' s on the third or fourth line...

(Apparently I can't post links yet, but check out willandalegolfcart sales dot com and look at the used gas carts)

They seem to be ready to go out of the box. I'm sure the components that they use to customize aren't "top of the line", but I'm sure they will be fine for me for now.

Do these seem like fair prices? I'm going to head out to see and ride some this week. I'm sure a cash offer will get them to move on their price some...

Anything else you think I should look for or be aware of when making the purchase?

Thanks again!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO